I've read many posts concerned about a flash player for Blackberry's. Here is an interesting ... Software & Theme Development forum

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3

Why no Flash support?!

Advertisement

I've read many posts concerned about a flash player for Blackberry's. Here is an interesting article explaining the 'non' Flash situation.

Flash is widely supported on PC platforms, being available across Windows, Mac and Linux systems and in most major browsers (even Google Chrome supported Flash from the outset). However, it's a different story on mobile phones.
    ...read entire story
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use your mind... Creativity is free!!

Follow me on Twitter

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Cool thanks for sharing

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    I have read that there is a moble version of flash coming down the pipes for the iphone and g1

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah I posted that on a couple other threads, but basically the space demands and processing power are what limits flash I dont remeber what the size of flash light is but i dont even think that would come close to fitting on a regular blackberrys.

Yep cbeslash, thats what the article is about. It doesnt really explain why though lol
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    I guess i should have looked at the article. lol

amcat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    Yeah I posted that on a couple other threads, but basically the space demands and processing power are what limits flash I dont remeber what the size of flash light is but i dont even think that would come close to fitting on a regular blackberrys.

Yep cbeslash, thats what the article is about. It doesnt really explain why though lol
    I think this pretty much sums up why they can't do it.

According to Murarka, the big problem is the use of Java as the core development platform for the BlackBerry. "We are not going to be able to get Flash running under Java," he said, noting that the multiple layers of code interpretation that would require (Flash converted to Java converted to BlackBerry device code) impose a performance burden that can't readily be overcome.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use your mind... Creativity is free!!

Follow me on Twitter

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Thanks for the post. I would rather keep my performance/security and sacrifice the flash. Just my opinion.

Sounds like this might be a job for rim...developing something for flash support.
    Last edited by Jbee; 12-04-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Add...

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    We can only hope for native flash support in 4.5.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by pshift View Post
    We can only hope for native flash support in 4.5.
    Anything is possible...

my money is flash support sometime in 2009 skyfire already on windows mobile symbian already has it and apple is basically a yes away from getting it so whatever RIM has to do in order to get it on their OS its time to do it or they can kiss market share goodbye

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    its available in windows mobile 6.1 , i just installed it on a Q and it works fine. any user that wants a copy of flash for w m pm me with your e mail addy and i will send the cab file out to them.