Not really that important. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but can't figure it out. ... Software & Theme Development forum

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5

Where's My Caret's?!?!

Advertisement

Not really that important. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but can't figure it out. i am creating a custom theme on plazmic for 83xx 4.5. Actually this is a problem with one i just posted (purple world order). Didn't notice it until i put it on my phone. On the today half on the home screen, when i have a message or a calender event and i highlight it with the trackball, nothing visible happens on the screen. i have the focus set as a couple different things now and nothing seems to work. Anyone else with the same problem?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    what kind of image and what size do you have the caret set to?

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    what kind of image and what size do you have the caret set to?
    I have made a caret for the "caret" box in the properties tab, same size as the standard one that comes up. Then in the focus box's tried a caret a focus icon, all kinds of things. Can't seem to get it to work, is there something specific size wise that has to be in those focus boxes. i know that they are empty when you load a base theme in, but when i go to change it, nothing works.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    for the curve, the size should be 320 x XX with XX = the size of the font you are using.

so if your font is 20pts, then your caret should be 320x20
    now, with that being said, you should start off with a canvas of 320x20 and then create your image with a new layer. so you could have an image that is transparent 320x20 and a little dot in the right hand corner.

hope that makes sense. im not the best at explaining

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    for the curve, the size should be 320 x XX with XX = the size of the font you are using.

so if your font is 20pts, then your caret should be 320x20
    now, with that being said, you should start off with a canvas of 320x20 and then create your image with a new layer. so you could have an image that is transparent 320x20 and a little dot in the right hand corner.

hope that makes sense. im not the best at explaining
    I figured out what it is, the 2nd today dock was overlapping the "status text" , removed status text, works fine.

AHAH!!!

Fellucca no está en línea Stack level 1

Caret issue

Did you ever find a solution to this issue. I'm having the same problem and cannot find a solution.
    Thanks.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Yeah, this is more of a bug. The caret does not show up if you have a certain amount of icons and/or if the status text is on (sometimes it does show up when the status text is on), I think it is something like 5 or 6 items on the screen and still be able to see the caret. Trial and error will help you figure out which answer will fix it. And its different everytime. Lots of icons in your svg can throw things off as well.