Well, I'm sitting here wondering something. You can get a VNC Viewer for BlackBerry; which ... Software & Theme Development forum

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

VNC Server? Even Possible?

Advertisement

Well, I'm sitting here wondering something. You can get a VNC Viewer for BlackBerry; which is nice to access my desktop when I'm away. But how about a VNC Server? I don't believe anyone coded one up yet, so is it even possible?

I would just love to go to my desktop, leave the BlackBerry in my pocket or holster, and pull up the BlackBerry screen. If I'm working on something and I have to leave quick, I can just close the VNC session on the desktop and leave. The BlackBerry will have everything just as it was when I had to leave for me to pickup later on.

A while back I somewhat did this with a Pocket PC (2002) unit. I would have it docked, and I could bring up the screen on my desktop; if I had to leave I just pulled the unit out of the dock and shoved it in my pocket. All the information would stay exactly like it was, so when I reached the destination I could keep working exactly where I left off. It certainly saved quite some time.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: VNC Server? Even Possible?

not THATS and idea. I'd say email the developers of the BB VNC about it.

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

Very interesting. That wouldn't be half bad.
    http://www.malfo.com

BB Pin: 203A953C ------------------Skype/AIM:MigAlfonseca

eli
    eli no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    201cfd69

That sounds like it would be very challenging. I don't know that there's any easy way to hook into the BB's display and inputs like that.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

I've seen an app on Handango that enables you to use your BB to email files from your desktop. There seemed to be some additional functionality too. Can't remember what it is called, but looked rather interesting..

whycyber no está en línea Stack level 1

There's actually a sw that let's handle the cingular 3125 (and similar WIN based mobiles) through the pc, though, it can only move the mouse and key stuff but not infact see it on the pc screen. I found it on handango, let me look for that sw and check if vendor has something for bb.