Okay my theme is up on the site. But i am finishing it right now, ... Software & Theme Development forum

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3

Various theme building questions

Advertisement

Okay my theme is up on the site. But i am finishing it right now, and need help on various parts of it.

1. How do you get rid of stuff that you dont want on the banner, profile icon and carrier specifically (I have tried to make the font smaller on the carrier but there is alway that blob in the banner...)

2. How do i make the banner have a little bit of color but still be able to see the background. (I tried transparencies but the background never shows underneath...)

3.Is there anyway to be able to keep the tab (that thing that stays on the homescreen on custom theme types) when you scroll over it.

4.How do you make the messages menu move higher so that there is no gap between the banner and the menu?

5.The Web link option Can you somehow use that to make custom icons for 3rd party programs?

6.This one is actually a request. Can anyone send me or upload the iphone signal and batery meters?

Ooh and check out my theme...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=81131

Thanks guys.
    B-raz
    Last edited by meme405; 07-31-2008 at 07:48 PM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    1) in the inspector, there is a tick box next to the profile icon. uncheck it. as for the carrier, the only way i know is to make it small and hide it. make it the same color as your background to blend it and stick it in a corner.

2) make an image in photoshop (or whatever you are using) and change the opacity.

3) confused

4) reduce your banner in the inspector to the size you want <65

5) i don't have those. did you check the download section here? look for theme builder goodies.

Ok picture to help explain some things that i mean:

(sorry about the size i want you to be able to see. EDIT: reduced the size a bit...hehe... hope your not 95 years old...)

The thing i talk about in #3 is the thing circled in black... Once my theme is exported when you scroll over the icons the icon your scrolling over that tab disapears when you scroll over...

The red circle is the profile icon...i dont know why i circled it. But as you can maybe tell i have no choice on that screen to take away the profile icon...where can i do this?
    Last edited by meme405; 07-31-2008 at 08:13 PM.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ok, the profile icon is in the banner portion of the inspector.

if i understand correctly, you would need to make the focus icon the same as the tab to make it 'stay' when selected. hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    ok, the profile icon is in the banner portion of the inspector.

if i understand correctly, you would need to make the focus icon the same as the tab to make it 'stay' when selected. hope that makes sense.
    That does make sense, i cant believe i didnt think of that...

Thanks...

Edit: it works kinda. The theme builder reduces the size of the image so that it comes out not the same, therefor making the problem worse. Is there anyway to make the theme builder not resize my images to what it wants...?

Oh and the icons for the iphone dont work its a dead link as well as some of the theme building goodies for me...
    Last edited by meme405; 07-31-2008 at 08:18 PM.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ill get you those in a minute too.

2. How do i make the banner have a little bit of color but still be able to see the background. (I tried transparencies but the background never shows underneath...)

make sure you are saving as .png WITH transparency

PIN/ID
    ATA
    the correct size for the zen focus/tab is 56x38 and all of your images should be saved as .png files.