Has anyone had any luck loading a Theme into the 8100 device simulator? I've tried ... Software & Theme Development forum

bseehafer no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Using the Device Simulator

Advertisement

Has anyone had any luck loading a Theme into the 8100 device simulator? I've tried the "load java app" selection under the File menu but it doesn't seem to work.

Is there a method to do this?

Thanks in advance,
    B

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Using the Device Simulator

Seems to work fine. I'm running 4.2.1.66 8100 Simulator, and downloaded MAC_OS_X theme from here. Unzipped it, started the simulator, started Desktop Manager (BIS setup), selected Simulate --> USB Cable Connected from the Simulator menu and it connected to DM. Then ran Application Loader, installed the theme, and after a lengthy reboot was able to switch to it.

Sure enough, when I go into Application Modules, there's com_plazmic_theme_Mac_os_x.cod just like it would be on a real device.

JerryD

bseehafer no está en línea Stack level 1

Awesome that's what I was looking for! I had been trying to load the theme right from the simulator menu option "Run Java Program". Your solution worked perfectly!

Thanks again!

B

Notorious170 no está en línea Stack level 3

you can run themes on the simulator? i gotta try that.

wait, do you need the desktop manager to do this?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yep. Either that or if you want to try OTA, and I'm not sure the OTA theme installation will work, you need the MDS simulator also

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious170

Yes. Use Menu command to sim connecting w/USB and DM will see it. Don't know how to get network connection OTA,

alright thanks. time to ggo search for a download of DM

jhayman no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious170

In the Plazmic CDK 4.2.2\bin directory there is a file called simulator.exe.

If you launch the simulator using that EXE, you should be able to drag and drop a JAD file on top of the simulator screen and it should load the theme.

NOTE: Your mileage may vary, because some device simulator versions support this, some do not. But if it works for you, it saves you running the desktop manager or running your own website.

Quote Originally Posted by jhayman
    In the Plazmic CDK 4.2.2\bin directory there is a file called simulator.exe.

If you launch the simulator using that EXE, you should be able to drag and drop a JAD file on top of the simulator screen and it should load the theme.

NOTE: Your mileage may vary, because some device simulator versions support this, some do not. But if it works for you, it saves you running the desktop manager or running your own website.
    thanx, ill try that when i get off work tonight.

well i got the theme loaded, i just cant view it. its listed in the applications list though. what am i not doing?

well after 3 weeks i finally tried to upload a theme to the simulator again. i currently have 2 versions of the simulator...1 in the plazmic folder, and the other in the RIM. i have always used the one in plazmic. yesterday i decided to use the RIM version. all i had to do was click on file>Load Java App, and point to the .cod file, then file>reset and there was my theme. easiest thing in the world. a necessity when making themes. didnt realize so many of my themes had bad formating.

lately ive been making themes for the 88 as well as the 81. i can sucessfully load a theme into the 88 simulator by clicking on "file>load java program" then "file>reset". been working great, able to get the bugs out before i post them instead of having people tell me whats wrong with the theme.

the problem is, i cant do the same thing with the 81 simulator anymore. ive done it before because i have 2 themes on the 81 simulator that i created, but am unable to do so now.

i tried searching, but my strings of searches were unsucessfull, so if this has been answered before a simple link to the answering thread will suffice.

can i only use 1 simulator sucessfully?

btw, i dont run both at the same time. i dont have anything else open...jde, ess, mds...when i got it to work before i stumbled onto it, so maybe one of these needs to be opened?

thanks in advance stackers.

nevermind. i upgraded from the 81 simulator 2.4... to 2.6.0.60. working now. just hope that my 88 sim still works.