How does one allow for this in a custom theme in Plazmic 4.7? I've heard ... Software & Theme Development forum

iowabowtech no está en línea Stack level 2

User Definable Fonts

Advertisement

How does one allow for this in a custom theme in Plazmic 4.7? I've heard from some that you can't change ANY of the default fonts that originally show up when starting up the theme. Is this true or are there certain fonts that can be used and maintain the user definable status once loaded onto the BB?

If it's true that you can't change anything, then you're stuck with yellow text on any items placed in the Today section of a custom theme...and that would suck. I'm speaking specifically of the custom template for an 8330 / OS 4.5.

Please tell me there's a way.

bassvictim no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    HEAD
    I know you can use the fonts you have on your computer for the theme, but I don't think it's possible to put them into the fonts file on the BB itself. Is that what you're asking?
    "I am a robot, I like robots, I have a robot vagina." -JP,Grandma's boy

No, when making a custom theme, it's possible to set things up so the end user can adjust font types and sizes to their liking. If we change certain fonts (in Theme Builder) when making the theme, it takes that ability away from the end user. I'm wondering if we can change ANY fonts during construction and get away with it or none whatsoever.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I guess the only thing is to leave the font as default for the user to be able to change them. I know many complain that the font. So, i would just suggest for you to leave 'em alone Hope this helps.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I guess the only thing is to leave the font as default for the user to be able to change them. I know many complain that the font. So, i would just suggest for you to leave 'em alone Hope this helps.
    This is kind of what I've been gathering from other sources also but that raises a question however. I am using Plazmic 4.7 for an 8330 / OS 4.5. If I leave every possible font alone it's very problematic. The time in the banner is HUGE and takes up the entire height of it if not more. Any "today" applications must use yellow font!! That's the default and it's not changeable unless you change the entire font type first. And color isn't adjustable by the end user as far as I know so they would be stuck with the yellow no matter what?? Is it just that today themes and user definable fonts don't go together? This is why I was wondering if there are certain fonts, perhaps some or all of those that are already housed within the BB device software, that can be used within Theme Builder and still allow the end user to adjust things.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    DO NOT USE 4.7 for curves. DON'T. Just use 4.6 for them. Trust me you'll save yourself a whole lot of trouble. Trust me, I know this. They don't call me sensei for anything
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    DO NOT USE 4.7 for curves. DON'T. Just use 4.6 for them. Trust me you'll save yourself a whole lot of trouble. Trust me, I know this. They don't call me sensei for anything

He's absolutely right!!! The only thing I use plazmic 4.7 for is storm and 8900 phones. I have both versions and use them both according to what i am building.

Ok, you two have my undevided attention. Why the 4.6 vs. 4.7 for the Curves? What advantages do I get by rolling back a build? NOT meaning to doubt you guys, just wanting to know what I have to look forward to by changing. Also, I have several themes built with 4.7 so do I need to keep it and ALSO download 4.6 and just run it separately?

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    4.7 is still very buggy even though it is an official release. And you will probably run into problems opening any curve or bold themes that you made in 4.7 into 4.6, don't know why, but I always do. And you are not changing, just keep both on there. The main reason i downloaded 4.7 was to get the updated composer. Anyway, keep both, build curve themes on 4.6.

Quote Originally Posted by holster27 View Post
    4.7 is still very buggy even though it is an official release. And you will probably run into problems opening any curve or bold themes that you made in 4.7 into 4.6, don't know why, but I always do. And you are not changing, just keep both on there. The main reason i downloaded 4.7 was to get the updated composer. Anyway, keep both, build curve themes on 4.6.

10-4