Hello folks, Did some digging yesterday, figured out how to put an icon on the ... Software & Theme Development forum

captain_tinker no está en línea Stack level 2

Understanding how to put a Weather slot in a theme

Advertisement

Hello folks,
    Did some digging yesterday, figured out how to put an icon on the today screen using Plazmic theme builder 5 that reflects the first icon position on the icon page. That works just fine. However I don't really want my WeatherEye or BerryWeather icon in that first position. I like it at the end of the second line of icons. So I am trying to figure out, is there some way to point the icon on the Today screen to always reflect one of the Weather apps? I tried to set it in Plazmic to a third party app, just unchecking the box for the "use device application order" and typing in the right name for the program. It works in the sense that that slot does indeed go to that program when clicked on the today screen, but it doesn't reflect the icon at all. I'm not sure if that is meant to work that way or not. I've got the "Full Screen Banner" check mark checked, as well as "Render Home Screen Over Banner" checked. I just want to make it so that I can have this icon on my today screen (using custom layout) no matter where I have the icon situated on the icon screen. I've not tried to use Composer yet, as I've never messed with it, and don't quite understand it's concepts yet, so if I need to use that to make it work, then I will just need to find a good how to document, and work through it. Any ideas? Thanks!

-capT

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional

Thumbs up

fire up composer, select new and pick your device
    leave the screen white, it doesnt matter
    click the add application button on the toolbar
    move it where you would like it
    select to use application order or third party app in the buttons properties
    save the .cp file in composer
    file—> export —>svg and save it in the folder your theme is in
    in themebuilder, on the homescreen section browse to your svg file in the box at the top.
    This seem to work with any additional application that is added to you BlackBerry.

Hope this helps you out

iLord is DEAD!

Is this the 5.0 version you are referring to? I don't see an Add Application button on any toolbar. I managed to do something though, but it wasn't quite right. I found a Theme Button button on the left hand side toolbar, and clicked that, put it up in the right hand corner of the white screen. Then I went to the Interactivity menu, and chose "Actions". I found a Launch Application option in a toolbar there, perhaps this is what you meant? In any case, clicking on this gave me the option to choose the third party application. I hit OK, and then saved the file and exported it as .svg file. In the theme builder, I loaded the svg file on the application list page, export the theme, and when it is activated, I see a little envelope up in the corner where the weather icon should be. I can click on it, and it does go to the right program, but the icon doesn't show the weather, it shows an envelope instead. I am thinking I must have done something wrong? Maybe didn't set up the svg file correctly?

-capT

You got it. Just change the envelope to the icon you want (theme button).
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Oh ok then, so doing it this way isn't going to allow the icon to change and update itself depending on the weather? Nuts, because that is what I was going for. If I give it a different icon, isn't that going to be a static icon then?

-capT

Correct!!

I misunderstood you.

For what you want A LIVE ACTIVE WEATHER ICON?

That would be a Weather Widget. So what you need to Download is a Blackberry Network Weather Widget.

I have not done one, but more than likely its the same principle, just download and see what happens.

HERE is a link to a site that offers FREE ONES. Just pick the one that best suites you.

Good luck

iLord is DEAD!