What the hecks up with this? I painstakingly spent 3 hours uploading Plazmic Builder from ... Software & Theme Development forum

crystalized no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Ummmm....Plazmic "Needs Another Location to Extract the Installer to"...?

Advertisement

What the hecks up with this? I painstakingly spent 3 hours uploading Plazmic Builder from their website (cause I'm using my 8700g as a modem...) Well when I got back to it, the file was complete and sitting on my desktop. I open it and it says "Please select another location to extract the installer to. with a big CHOOSE or CANCEL button?! What's up with this. Why can't downloading software for these damn phones go smoothly?...

Help please!?...

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Ummmm....Plazmic "Needs Another Location to Extract the Installer to"...?

the file was complete and sitting on my desktop
    Place the file in another location. You can create a new folder. eg. C:/plazmic

The file cannot run from the desktop.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

hayden: for some reason I got it to load from the desktop, but i'm having a problem with everything else... Java and BB Environment aren't working... tried 3 downloads of each. the Environment from BB's website is a corrupt file or something... :/

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by crystalized
    hayden: for some reason I got it to load from the desktop, but i'm having a problem with everything else... Java and BB Environment aren't working... tried 3 downloads of each. the Environment from BB's website is a corrupt file or something... :/
    I downloaded it from the BB site and it works fine.

What exactly is going on when you say its not working? Is it installing? what part of it isnt working? what error are you getting when trying to use it?

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Plazmic is working fine now, it's Java and the BB environment that plazmic is saying it can't locate. Plazmic gets to the point of "locating the BB environment" and stops installing cause I'm guessing somethings up w/ the Java abd BB environment. I dunno... Last time I re-installed BB environment, it was just idle. The downloaded file wouldn't even instal so my Plazmic is just idle right now. I'm gonna try a few more things, but nothing seems to be co-insiding w/ other progrmas needed 4 this opperation.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Hi crystalized,

see your other thread for the steps needed (post #5)
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ic_issues.html

follow the step installs in order 1,2 and 3.

I'm sure things will work just fine.

enjoy the software it's rewarding when your done.

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Alright guys... here's what it says when I load Java and BB Environment:

Java:

"The Installer can't proceed with the current internet proxy settings. check installer notes."

BB Environment (the download from BB.com):

"the archive is corrupt"

...now if someone could get me a complete and correct file that I could download onto my computer in the smallest file size they can make it (cause I'm downloading from my BB for net use) I would appreciate it.
    I'm not having any luck downloading the Java and BB Environment.

Thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

When I first tried to download the Sun J2SE SDK, It gave me a hardtime completing the download, but I finally got it to download completely. For Java try this site, Download Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition, v 1.4.2 (J2SE). The SDK has to be installed first, then the BB JDE, Then Plazmic CDK

hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ASK ME

THANX EVERY1, I FINALLY GOT IT ALL WORKING! LOADS OF THEMES ARRIVING SOON! Check the "8700 Theme" post under RIM BB 8700 thread! -Crystal.