Is there someone out there that can give us newbies a step by step tutorial ... Software & Theme Development forum

siver no está en línea Stack level 3

Tutorial for making themes

Advertisement

Is there someone out there that can give us newbies a step by step tutorial on how to make themes, lets say for the BB Curve 8900?

Sincere appreciation if anyone can help out.

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H
    I've been wanting this too - I'd love to make themes, but I really do suck with certain graphic programs and stuff. I'd love to have a step-by-step tutorial of how to make themes, inlcluding hidden docks, today, etc.

Hopefully someone will post something.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    What exactly do you need to know? May you guys be more specific please?
    Have you downloaded the basic things you will need?

I would start with the very basic. Download the theme builder for your device. I would recommend for those of you that own a 81xx/83xx/87xx/88xx/ to use CDK plazmic theme builder 4.6 DO NOT USE 4.7 FOR THE DEVICES I JUST MENTIONED BECAUSE IT'LL BECOME A BURDEN. Now, for those of you that own the following 8350i/8900/8530/9000/flip use 4.7 (please keep in mind that 4.7's still very glitchy despite of the release of the new patch)

So, the first thing you want to do is to download your theme building kit CDK 4.6 or 4.7 (your choice)

Second, you don't need to be a graphics savvy to understand most of these things. You'll learn as you go. Practice makes perfect. The more you mess with plazmic the more you'd know about the software itself. Do this first and report back.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

YMark no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here is an older tutorial, but it will give you some help. http://www.dcrin3.com/bb46/hidden_do...t_A/Part_A.htm
    Mark

mr360feen no está en línea Stack level 1
    i got a Q i got all my icons ready but i dont know where to put them like that i can change all at once or i got to change all one by one?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    First of all you need to make your own set of icons to match the names on the default icons, ie messages_foucus is the correct way, to make sure about this go to c: program files/plazmic cdk/samples/graphics/ and look for the folder with correct icons for your device and match the names.

Then go to theme builder and on the screen where you load the icons, right click and select change all icons, navigate to the folder with your own set of icons and click open.

You will need to manually load a few but the most will be already there
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

mr360feen no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    First of all you need to make your own set of icons to match the names on the default icons, ie messages_foucus is the correct way, to make sure about this go to c: program files/plazmic cdk/samples/graphics/ and look for the folder with correct icons for your device and match the names.

Then go to theme builder and on the screen where you load the icons, right click and select change all icons, navigate to the folder with your own set of icons and click open.

You will need to manually load a few but the most will be already there
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1
    thanks I will let u know how it will turn out
    Last edited by mr360feen; 09-29-2009 at 05:55 PM.