Where can I find and download different icons for building my own themes? I just ... Software & Theme Development forum

mfdbuzz no está en línea Stack level 1

trying to get my theme on

Advertisement

Where can I find and download different icons for building my own themes? I just downloaded blackberry studios 5.0 and I have made two nice themes, I just need different icons for everything. Is there a place or person that can point me in the right direction? P.S. You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd!

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    you can go here and find a tone of icons!
    also search deviant art.com for some good icons
    but I'd search through pinstacks assortment first there are a lot of good ones here
    that's awesome that your getting into theme building! keep at it and when you feel confident enough start posting here in the stacks!
    enjoy!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Word! Thanks a lot for replying. I didn't really know how well the forums on pinstack worked, also thanks for the link. Where at in pinstack would I find these icons? But yeah, thanks for the info and as soon as I get things supper straight ill start posting.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    No worries mfdbuzz,

Pinstack is not like other sites. We try to reply instantly if not as soon as one of us is around. The link you're asking for is here just like Luciferseamus stated above... Click here >>>>>>>http://forums.pinstack.com/local_links.php?catid=23
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Wait, can I take pictures and resize them and use them as my phone icons?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You could do that if you want too . Just be sure the are resized to the size that works well on your device. I don't quite remember what size your 8130 uses i think it was 43x43 i could be wrong. I hope your images don't come out too pixelated either.

Where can I rent a blackberry developer? I need soneone to show me what the hell I'm doing. I thought I had it figured out but I'm totally wrong. Does anyone know if hitting my computer with a medium sized lead pipe would make this any easier?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Nope! Patience is the key. We all (theme builders) started there. You're halfway there dude. Just pull through

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I proposed an idea for people like you not too long ago where I would coach future theme builders to get your feet wet but I think I still need more people to back me up on this idea. I would explain the very basics of theme building so that everyone could create their themes without having to wait forever till one of us theme builders decides to build one of their many requests. I just hope one day it will happen.

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    For the pearl the icon deminsions are 48x36, of course if you are resizing an image you may want to play with the image a little bit and make it actually smaller than that, like maybe 46x34, and then resize the canvas to 48x36. Also when you save the image, be sure and save it as a png file. Hope that helps.

rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I proposed an idea for people like you not too long ago where I would coach future theme builders to get your feet wet but I think I still need more people to back me up on this idea. I would explain the very basics of theme building so that everyone could create their themes without having to wait forever till one of us theme builders decides to build one of their many requests. I just hope one day it will happen.
    I actually think that would be a great idea! Most of the people that have never even attempted building a theme have absolutely no idea what all goes into it. Even the most basic of themes can be a very pain staking process. And for those that are just learning, a lot of them times they get frustrated and simply give up. But once you figure a few things out, honestly, its not that hard to do. It just takes time, patience, and a heck of a lot of trial and error. But if one, or some of the "theme gods" out there would take the time to take some of the new themers by the hand and show them a few things, I think we would all see a huge change in the basic quality of the themes being built. Like me, I'm still new to this. I have learned quite a bit and have produced, what I think to be some nice themes. But I'm still learning, I still have no idea what composer will even do, lol. But I still try to help anyone I can, in anyway I can. So raton, you have my full support in starting you tutoring sessions, and when you do, lol, I want to sign up!