My latest project has been to make a series of themes that are zodiac related ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Trouble adding theme to App World... HELP PLZ!?

Advertisement

My latest project has been to make a series of themes that are zodiac related for multiple devices/OS's. I finally got all the themes built, files exported, zipped etc. In the end I did a series of 12 (one for each sign) for 85xx OS5, 93xx OS6, 96xx OS5 and 96xx OS6. So there are actually 48 themes. I had also not anticipated having this issue, so each file is named as Aquarius 85xx5, Aries 85xx5, Cancer 85xx5 and so on for each device/OS.

So last night I was going to start uploading them to App World. I created a new product, named it Zodiac 85xx OS5 and got all the information/description filled out. I then added all 12 files bundles (one for each sign). But then when I went to continue, it reloaded the same page and below the box with my file bundles was an error in red that said the following file bundles had conflicts. Below that was every file bundle I had uploaded.

I don't believe there is anything wrong with the file bundles themselves as I exported them the same way I do every theme and I've never seen this until now. So I assume what this is telling me is that I can't make a device specific theme with more than one file bundle. Is that correct?

If so, what is the easiest way for me to accomplish getting my themes on there without having to open, rename and export all 48 again?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I really do not want to have to go through and rename 48 themes and export them all again

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    You know what I got an account with App World quite awhile ago and never could get one added, just read this post today and tried again and got two posted finally waiting for approval. Not sure how long that process takes. We'll see if it's worth it

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    You know what I got an account with App World quite awhile ago and never could get one added, just read this post today and tried again and got two posted finally waiting for approval. Not sure how long that process takes. We'll see if it's worth it
    I find the setup for adding themes on App World to be quite the PITA myself.

For example, today I wanted to upload my Zodiac theme as "Zodiac 85xx" and have each file bundle be a different zodiac sign for that specific device. But no, App World doesn't allow that and also does not inform us of this either. So I had to spend hours going through renaming every theme (48 in total) and exporting them all again so that I could add them by zodiac sign with each file bundle being a different device. Completely stupid IMO and just one example of why I like the setup on Mobihand a lot better. Not to mention that App World is quite picky IMO about the themes in general. For instance, I've had to remove wallpapers and resubmit themes due to the walls having the BB logo despite the fact that we're allowed to use their icons and everything else. I've also had to do the same because of making reference to Blackberry and/or BB in the theme name, which is also not allowed. Yet another example of why I like Mobihand better as they don't care about these things.

Lastly, the waiting period for having a theme approved on App World is typically one to two weeks. Right now I've got themes that have been pending for a week already. In the past however, I have had it take up to two weeks, which is quite frustrating. This is also the primary reason I like Mobihand better as once you submit a theme and click to publish it, its live and searchable in about 24-hours. Instantly if you open someones theme and replace their product ID # in the URL with your own

On the flip side, the payout schedule for App World is a bit better as you will pretty much get something from your sales monthly, whereas Mobihand makes you wait for a payout until the end of each quarter IF your months end balance isn't $100 or greater. So far I've been selling since about May, have had one payout from App World and haven't seen a dime from Mobihand and likely won't until after the end of September

In the end they both have their good and bad points, so it's like comparing a 6 to two 3's LOL!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info