Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by ice44 just curious....have you tried this theme I made ? I have ... Software & Theme Development forum

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    just curious....have you tried this theme I made ? I have made hundreds of themes and this one is the only one I use and have some very good feedback on it...not to pat my own shoulder or anything...

http://forums.pinstack.com/f239/9000_camaro_ss_theme_by_request-100255/
    Sorry, I took some time to respond. I am such a PS addict that I was 'stacking' from another non BB phone, while my Bold was charging. I have just checked it out. Great art and tech work, befitting the BB philosophy. Well, if my opinion counts at all
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I don't think you could have possibly tried them all. Some of the best theme builders are right here on the stacks.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    just curious....have you tried this theme I made ? I have made hundreds of themes and this one is the only one I use and have some very good feedback on it...not to pat my own shoulder or anything...

http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=100255
    Uniqueness: the battery and signal meters-oh boy! And the camaro is so lively, as if one is watching a video of it on the Bold. Bravo!

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I don't think you could have possibly tried them all. Some of the best theme builders are right here on the stacks.
    You are absolutely right on both counts. Pinstack is the best place, stackers arethe best people. I didn't try all, but used the statistical probability sampling technique, used by researchers from various fields of specialization. The sample size was statistically significant and representative of a universe of around 5000 themes.

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    You are absolutely right on both counts. Pinstack is the best place, stackers arethe best people. I didn't try all, but used the statistical probability sampling technique, used by researchers from various fields of specialization. The sample size was statistically significant and representative of a universe of around 5000 themes.
    So I suggest this....Dont download any themes and go download the program and create your own themes...this way you can only blame yourself....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    This is almost the most amusing thread I've ever read.

I think Ice sums it up.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    This is almost the most amusing thread I've ever read.

I think Ice sums it up.
    Agreed. Many thanks indeed. Cheers

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by pniko_07 View Post
    I know this has to be possible, but is there anyway to add different fonts to V4.7? I tried to copy true-type font style files into every folder that says font, but when I goto build a theme the new font styles aren't listed.

Any ideas?
    you need to install the font onto your machine but do this with TB closed...

under control panel, fonts

camshafter no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    all of you theme makers are very creative. I love most all of the free themes. i have gone to many sites looking for that perfect theme to buy! and always go back to Pinstack and there it is for free! thanks again for theme makers creativity and dedication to us Pinstackers
    Camshafter

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack
    I find myself spending a great deal of time building themes as well as looking at almost EVERY theme that is posted and I amazed at the themes that rolling out day after day.

Keep up the great work everyone. The "lazy" people and requests keep us going.

Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many devices do you own?

BTW, most scientific sampling generally isn't used for any data that is subject to opinion.
    AND, (even if ANY scientific process COULD quantify OPINION) one would have to dl, install, and preview on at least one of evry device a theme has been made for.

Even though I strongly disagree with what you've stated, I'd fight for your right to say it. That is until you throw something silly like that out.

I don't make themes. I've been a graphic designer over the years, and I figure I could handle plazmic. What I doubt is that I have the time and energy to do what the theme makers here do.

God knows after reading this I lack the patience.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many devices do you own?

BTW, most scientific sampling generally isn't used for any data that is subject to opinion.
    AND, (even if ANY scientific process COULD quantify OPINION) one would have to dl, install, and preview on at least one of evry device a theme has been made for.

Even though I strongly disagree with what you've stated, I'd fight for your right to say it. That is until you throw something silly like that out.

I don't make themes. I've been a graphic designer over the years, and I figure I could handle plazmic. What I doubt is that I have the time and energy to do what the theme makers here do.

God knows after reading this I lack the patience.
    Only bb devices mentioned here (I have winmos, symbians and UIQs also): 8700g, 8100, 8300 and 9000. Don't want to start another long dialogue, but suffice to say I am a market researcher since 1980, and have had the chance of working with leading researchers from around the world incl. NFO world group and Nielsen of US. Moreover, as a Microsoft Gold Partner company CEO, I happen to understand the tech, aesthetic and ergonomic elements of alpha and beta testing.

With all that then please (if you will) explain how a scientific sampling process cam be used to quantify something as varied and subjective as opinion.

My biggest point is that you have (perhaps unintentionally) ragged follks who donate their time and energy to a community for nothing more than a "thanks", "that's cool". Too often they don't get much of that.

And as a few have said, perhaps you should put forth the effort and make your own theme that is perfect. I'd be happy to review it.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Can't please everyone. Oh well, back to making themes for myself double frown face

No, your tool theme is the best. I've been using it since you put it up. I've tried other themes. But nothing was as good as that. Don't punish everyone for one bad comment.

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I think this post has gotten a little defensive to say the least. But I will agree whole heartedly with every theme maker on this forum. If you don't like what you see, do it yourself.

I've sat and watched my friend make numerous themes. Not exactly a short process in the least. I sat down and had him show me how to make a battery meter. By no means an easy job, IMO, and when I tried, it took me the better part of an hour just to color the battery the way it had to be when it was charging. So, to say that all the themes are "crap", in so many words, is rather demeaning to everyone that has sat down at their computer to make a theme that you crap on.

I will end my rant by saying, you don't have to like what you see, but you better appreciate everything that is free.

Ha! I'm a freakin poet!
    ~via blackberry mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by getsugatensho; 04-22-2009 at 10:59 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12