Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, BB friends- lots and lots of thanks for all the hard work you have ... Software & Theme Development forum

banglaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569B255

Themes reviewed

Advertisement

Ok, BB friends- lots and lots of thanks for all the hard work you have been putting into developing themes for some lazy people like me, who just love their devices and love exiciting themes- free (LOL). There has been a flurry of themes being developed and uploaded for almost all devices, especially those running OS 4.5 and above. I have tried almost all of the themes (PC and OTA downloads) for 87xx, 83xx and 81xx. One thing's for sure- most of them are based on iphone mania or are latest BB model copies. There are funny ones, and there are ones you wouldn't want your wife or kids to see. Anyway, I haven't come across a single one which is an eye candy, aesthetic, original, and technically sound (good fonts, menu working in all apps,robust functionality, and representing BB for what it is) all put together- a theme that would make one love ones BB more than ever.this is my personal opinion, folks, and I don't want to discourage anybody, nor do I have the right to point fingers at anybody.However, till I find a good one, I will stick to the original BB themes.

pebbly no está en línea Stack level 1
    i think you have made some unfair comments there,you have the likes of-
    raton
    cherri
    cmangum
    dr d
    djsmooth
    smurf
    et al
    who have all made (making) some fantastic themes. out of the hundreds of themes
    on this site alone i would say that less than 1% are not "technically sound"
    yours respectfully
    Angry from Criklewood
    Last edited by pebbly; 10-18-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I use the default as well, all the ones a really like are just to slow for me, since I listen to music, play brickbreaker, and surf the web usually all at the same time, the cool U and L themes and animated themes, and some of the themes that they dont tone down their graphics on for faster loading, really bog me down.. I have found the basic default theme to be the best, and just change the background pic.

Alot of theme makers cant test everything and do ask for feedback, and try to fix the bugs, however some dont have time, or forget or get busy in life or what have you. I would say the 1% is way way off. But I understand that, and dont mind so much. If you find one you really really like make sure to let them know your waiting for a fix on something or maybe they would even be so kind as to change a few things for you.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    pebbly thank you for the post... we as theme makes make themes that are requested by those who want them and also come up with some strange ideas as well... as pebbly said we accomodate to the best of our ability what is asked of us.. menus all work, themes are user friendly, icons r changed for the aesthetic of the theme.. but in the end we are called upon to make things happen for an individual or individuals.. if there is a theme u r looking for please ask instead of put the builders down... we work hard to make all themes the way every person asks.. and it takes long for a theme to be put together.. i could understand if it was an easy task then i say u r right, but since it is not the easiest of tasks please be kind to our builders, our staff, and oour site... thank you for the input all opinions are deff welcome. but lastly keep in mind this site has over 5k of themes that i know of and god knows how many archives in the mix.....

To all the theme creators, keep up the gr8 work we r what keeps the unity, with the moderators and the admins, for the site... We luv the stack...
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Maybe you should pay someone to make ur ideal theme? Just a thought. since you are so displeased with the free ones.

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    lol pebbly.. clark , pdx u havent been forgotten esither.. u all rock.. and now we have a fan ( pebbly ) lol thats awesome ... i appreciate all works created by all its the dedication that we all put in that i admire the most.. go team stack builders..
    Last edited by azstar; 12-19-2008 at 12:39 AM. Reason: spelling error.
    [FONT=Trebuchet MS]~~ J. SMURF <~~[/FONT]

BBThemesUnltd
    --- My Site
    Follow me on Twitter
    @JSmurfy
    @BBThemesUnltd

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    +1 ON THAT!!! I think it is amazing that all you theme builders make free ones in the first place. I know it has to take a lot of your free time to make stuff like that for the rest of us to enjoy. I know for me, I have pm a theme builder and he made a custom one for me for free. I would gladly pay for one if needed though. I mean come on b-play charges $6 bucks for them all day long. And you cannot get anything changed on them, you only get a ota link and nothing else. With most of the builders I have seen here with a small donation they will do anything you ask them to do when making a theme. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

Maybe you should pay someone to make ur ideal theme? Just a thought. since you are so displeased with the free ones.

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    I never meant to undermine any of you good people's hard work, dedication, and willingness to make others happy by giving them what they have requested.It's not about free or money either. It's about my faith in all of you that you can certainly create some real good all-rounder themes, befitting for the philosophy behind BB that sets it apart from the rest.Dear stackers, keep up the good work ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post

Not because I said anything about the themes back then, but now I can see sooo many 'ideal' themes. Great job-every theme maker is a wonderful craftsperson. I wish I could be one of you, but I am 'lazy' as said before. Three cheers dear stackers cum theme developers. I do show off different themes to people at home and when abroad and do mention with love pinstack and the developers as the source of the themes. That's my way of showing respect and gratitude to you all
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    wow I just sit here in disbelief. Out of all the themes I have seen in the past three years on this site, I would say that unless you follow Cherri's advise it would be impossible to make a theme that would please you. I guess just aren't as good as most people say.

Just my take

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by banglaberry View Post
    Ok, BB friends- lots and lots of thanks for all the hard work you have been putting into developing themes for some lazy people like me, who just love their devices and love exiciting themes- free (LOL). There has been a flurry of themes being developed and uploaded for almost all devices, especially those running OS 4.5 and above. I have tried almost all of the themes (PC and OTA downloads) for 87xx, 83xx and 81xx. One thing's for sure- most of them are based on iphone mania or are latest BB model copies. There are funny ones, and there are ones you wouldn't want your wife or kids to see. Anyway, I haven't come across a single one which is an eye candy, aesthetic, original, and technically sound (good fonts, menu working in all apps,robust functionality, and representing BB for what it is) all put together- a theme that would make one love ones BB more than ever.this is my personal opinion, folks, and I don't want to discourage anybody, nor do I have the right to point fingers at anybody.However, till I find a good one, I will stick to the original BB themes.

This is why I stopped making themes....Like others have said....pay someone or go buy one of the Themes out there from other sites if you dont like the FREE THEMES offered here....
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Not because I said anything about the themes back then, but now I can see sooo many 'ideal' themes. Great job-every theme maker is a wonderful craftsperson. I wish I could be one of you, but I am 'lazy' as said before. Three cheers dear stackers cum theme developers. I do show off different themes to people at home and when abroad and do mention with love pinstack and the developers as the source of the themes. That's my way of showing respect and gratitude to you all
    I will take all what you guys throw at me...tomatos, eggs, etc. But please refer to this comment and not the earliest one. Cheers

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Can't please everyone. Oh well, back to making themes for myself double frown face
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    2569B255
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Can't please everyone. Oh well, back to making themes for myself double frown face
    That's the spirit!

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    That's the spirit!
    just curious....have you tried this theme I made ? I have made hundreds of themes and this one is the only one I use and have some very good feedback on it...not to pat my own shoulder or anything...

http://forums.pinstack.com/f239/9000_camaro_ss_theme_by_request-100255/
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast