If one creates a theme for one model BB and someone wants it for a ... Software & Theme Development forum

pboopter no está en línea Stack level 3

Themes for different devices?

Advertisement

If one creates a theme for one model BB and someone wants it for a different model can u just change the plastics in the theme builder or do u have to remake the theme for each model?

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    unless the model phone you made it for and the requested model starts with the same 2 digits, youll have to remake it. Example: 8310 and 8320, or 8100 and 8120, you dont have to remake it. If it was for the 8310 and its requested for the 8220 or 9000, you do.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by pboopter View Post
    If one creates a theme for one model BB and someone wants it for a different model can u just change the plastics in the theme builder or do u have to remake the theme for each model?
    If you made the theme for the 8300 series then you don't have to make a new one for the 8310;8320 or 8330. However do not be confused with the new 8350i as it runs under a new OS (4.6) Second, now that you have created that theme and want to make it available for the 87xx and 88xx series you don't have to make a new as they all share the same screen size all you gotta do is export it for those devices. However, if you want to make it available for the 81xx series you don't necessarily have to remake the theme just do some adjustments. For instance, open a new theme file using CDK 4.6 or 4.5 whichever you're using now and simply import the theme file you had created for the device and just adjust the way the icons are arranged and also make the rest match the screen size. Try resizing your wallpapers you've used to the device you're trying to export it to in this case I will use the pearl which uses 240x260 to avoid pixelation on the background. Third, If you're trying to make this theme available for other devices such as the Bold or Flip berry (not the storm or new curve) because CDK 4.6 is not yet compatible for those devices; we're waiting for the new release to help us build some themes for them. Also, make sure you're exporting these themes for the appropriate device. If you still have any more questions feel free to ask. Good luck!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

.So if I made a theme for 83XX and someone wants it for the 88xx or 87xx just export it for those models? I made the theme in question using 4.2. Haven't dl the new one or know.where to find it. All help is appreciated. Thanks

another stupid question. I am downloading the plazmic CDK developers kit for v4.5. is there anything else I need to dl and where would i find it? I have everything else for 4.2 on my desktop but I am putting this on my laptop. HELP!!!!!!

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    another stupid question. I am downloading the plazmic CDK developers kit for v4.5. is there anything else I need to dl and where would i find it?
    download version 4.6 and get the simulator at blackberry's website.

.So if I made a theme for 83XX and someone wants it for the 88xx or 87xx just export it for those models? I made the theme in question using 4.2.
    yes you can export them for the 88xx from the 83xx design. I'm sure you can also install the 88xx version on the 87xx phone. I have seen instances where blackberry owners have done it.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm