With all the new OS7 devices recently released, I've begun to receive requests from those ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Theme support for OS7 devices?

Advertisement

With all the new OS7 devices recently released, I've begun to receive requests from those who have purchased my themes wanting to know when I will be updating them to support their new OS7 devices, and to be honest, I'm not sure what to tell these people.

As far as I know, OS7 devices don't support themes period. But since I do not have one myself, this is something I am not 100% certain of. I've also been seeing a lot of rumors about an upcoming OS that once released, will no longer support themes either.

But for the time being, what do I tell the people who have upgraded to OS7 devices, and still want to use my themes as I don't want them to think I'm just blowing smoke up their 'you know what'? The last thing I want is to make myself, as a theme developer look stupid, because RIM doesn't keep us updated as to the happenings that affect us. So of course I want to give the best response possible so that IF we can start supporting OS7 themes, I won't lose those who have been loyal customers :-s

Any suggestions would be more than welcome as this is all new territory for me.

Thanks in advance to those who reply!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    It happens every time RIM runs a new batch of devices. I'm afraid they are out of luck until RIM catches up with the developers and TB. I have downloaded the Beta 7 device simulator but it's mainly to test apps not themes. When I upgraded to 6.0 on my Bold I was stuck with the stock theme for a month or so before they came out with the 6.0 beta TB. Just the way it is

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    It happens every time RIM runs a new batch of devices. I'm afraid they are out of luck until RIM catches up with the developers and TB. I have downloaded the Beta 7 device simulator but it's mainly to test apps not themes. When I upgraded to 6.0 on my Bold I was stuck with the stock theme for a month or so before they came out with the 6.0 beta TB. Just the way it is
    I was afraid of that. I wish RIM would release some software already. People don't understand this isn't something we as theme developers have control over, so when they pay for a theme, then upgrade to a new device, they expect the theme they paid for to still work. So we're the ones they get upset with, when we have zero to do with it

Frustrating!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info