Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thanks, this old memory is confusing me hopefully you'll get greg up and running soon, ... Software & Theme Development forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Theme Install error on my Curve?

Advertisement

Thanks, this old memory is confusing me hopefully you'll get greg up and running soon, I'm falling asleep with the BB I'm my hands Thanks

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Also one thing to check to make sure it is installed on your pc is to go into control panel then add/remove programs and make sure you see both BB OS and BB DM on there which would further soldify that you did the installation correct
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

gregbenz no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Steve, does the OS install ask if you want to start DM on completion? I know the DM installer soes, but I can't remember if the OS installer does also.

Greg, open desktop manager, then the help and about menu selections. Click on the device software tab. what is listed there?

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

V2.2.89 for the blackberry 8300 series wireless handheld... That's what it says .. That correct?

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334 View Post
    Also one thing to check to make sure it is installed on your pc is to go into control panel then add/remove programs and make sure you see both BB OS and BB DM on there which would further soldify that you did the installation correct
    Did this as well and there both there... Still getting the same error after rebooting and reinstalling the OS.....

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

no in the folder where the theme is. are both cod and alx files there?
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Curious where you saved your .alx files to? What directory on the pc?
    Also another question? What name did you give the theme?

I made a folder on my desktop and saved them there... Theme is called Fresh_Ink_Theme.alx and yes that and the .cod file are in the same folder....

PIN/ID
    Retired

Sometimes the name of the theme will also cause errors or issues. Try naming the theme something simple to eliminate that as a cause. Name it something like FreshInk (no space or special _-*& charactors)

Also rather than saving the file in a folder on the desktop try placing it somewhere else like My Documents.

Did what you said and changed the name and saved to my Documents but still getting the same error? Wow this is anoying!

PIN/ID
    Retired

I'm outta ideas? WOW. Lets go back and look at the things we did not look at yet?

Your phone is the 8310. The theme you made? Is that an 8300 series theme that you exported?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

My thoughts are that maybe its exported wrong ... But doesn't the ptb only allow 4.2.2 export for 8300 themes?

When u launch application loader is the os listed in apps list as already installed?

There is a missed step somewhere.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by gregbenz View Post
    V2.2.89 for the blackberry 8300 series wireless handheld... That's what it says .. That correct?
    I'm thinking this is the problem. Who is your provider? The file name should read something like this;
    8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel312_PL2.5.0.30_A4.2.2.170_AT&T.exe. Of course where it stated AT&T, it will probably read your carrier. And though I don't have the 8310, I would assume that in Desktop Manager/Help/About Desktop manager/Device Software, the reported software should have 8310 in it.

Notice in the screen shot in the attachment that at least for AT&T, There is a link for 8300 and further down one for 8310 software.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I'm outta ideas? WOW. Lets go back and look at the things we did not look at yet?

Your phone is the 8310. The theme you made? Is that an 8300 series theme that you exported?

yep its an 8300 Theme

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    I'm thinking this is the problem. Who is your provider? The file name should read something like this;
    8310M_PBr4.2.2_rel312_PL2.5.0.30_A4.2.2.170_AT&T.exe. Of course where it stated AT&T, it will probably read your carrier. And though I don't have the 8310, I would assume that in Desktop Manager/Help/About Desktop manager/Device Software, the reported software should have 8310 in it.

Notice in the screen shot in the attachment that at least for AT&T, There is a link for 8300 and further down one for 8310 software.

Rcbjr.

My provider is rogers.. Here's what the OS file looks like.... 8300EFIGS_Dutch_PBr4[1].2.2_rel192_PL2.4.0.42_A4.2.2.89_Rogers

Just tried again from scratch on a different computer and getting the same error?

How about I try it the other way... Can some when tell me where I can upload the .jad file to download to my phone. Also possibly a walk through of what you do with the .cod files and how you upload it so its a direct link?

Greg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast