Any chance I can get one of you great theme creators to do a Japanese ... Software & Theme Development forum

L. Boone no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ASK 1ST

Lightbulb Theme Idea

Advertisement

Any chance I can get one of you great theme creators to do a Japanese Theme? I thought maybe a bonsai tree, a symbol for faith, a pic of the beautiful buildings, and maybe like a geisha just authentic Asian theme.. Any takers???? I have tried to make one myself and I was not able to figure out how to test the theme- I'm not very computer savvy-but I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY!!! Plus I'm a theme freak....... Please let me know if this might interest you... Thanks a million, Lisa.

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Theme Idea

Nice Idea

To test a theme, simply copy the exorted cod file into the simulator diretory: \Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Device Simulators ***\***\ - start the simulator, and select ur theme via Options > Themes

BB4Ever

PIN/ID
    ASK 1ST

Thumbs up Re: Theme Idea

Ok Im scared because you make it sound soooo easy...... I will try this and see if I have any luck.... Thank-you so much!!!!! You may be hearing from me again! Lisa

PIN/ID
    ASK 1ST

Smile Re: Theme Idea

Ok I guess I have to throw in the towel..... just dont seem to get it!!!! Like I said I'm not the brightest when it comes to the specific details. So I will just keep throwing my ideas up here and see if anyone does the master work- Thanks for your help anyway. Lisa :cry:

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

Quote Originally Posted by ViSit0R View Post
    Nice Idea

To test a theme, simply copy the exorted cod file into the simulator diretory: \Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Device Simulators ***\***\ - start the simulator, and select ur theme via Options > Themes
    just the cod file or the alx file to
    and do i just put the file in the device folder or do i put it in the java folder

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

I will give it a shot tomorrow
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

why not just test the theme on your device?
    i have never used the simulator..i have always just loaded the theme onto my device and tested it that way...
    then when you go to make revisions, just export to the same location and DM recognizes the updated version and asks to update...easy

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

sweet thanks cherri!! that is what i was doing all along but thought maybe i was missing something the other way with the simulator.

I'm always using the simulator, because rebooting the BB itself takes sooo much time. The simulator starts much faster. Further it's much easier to take screenshots to check the postion of graphic elements used in the theme...

Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    just the cod file or the alx file to
    and do i just put the file in the device folder or do i put it in the java folder
    Please follow my instruction

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Device Simulators ***\***\

(The *** are version numbers)

This is the location, where you have to copy the exported .cod file, in the same directory is a .bat file, double-click it and the simulator will start. Select the theme, as you would on your BB.

BB4Ever

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

thank you

np, does it work?

for the advanced people: it isn't possible to remove the themes by only deleting the cod files. if you want to reset the simulator, sort the files in this directory by date. all files which were installed with the simulator have the same time stamp. the ones that are created after starting the simulator the first time have newer date (the date of starting it the first time till to the last use of the simulator). delete all the new files and your simulator is resetted. (extensions of the created files: dmp, log, manifest, bug and of course your cod)
    Last edited by ViSit0R; 02-07-2008 at 11:11 AM.

BB4Ever