Maybe it's me, but every fuc*&ng theme I have tried for my T-Mobile USA Curve ... Software & Theme Development forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Question Theme Help Needed for my 8900!

Advertisement

Maybe it's me, but every fuc*&ng theme I have tried for my T-Mobile USA Curve (OS is 4.6.1.206) no matter where I get it from, is "almost" perfect but I ALWAYS these same issues:

1. I alwys get a java uncaught exception error at boot up
    2. The double dock theme I tried, that others are raving about, upon a reboot deletes several icons from the home screen and, generally, screws things up.
    3. I tried that basic today theme from BBerry and een that gave me an uncaught exception error...

Is it my OS? If anyon can advie, I would appreciate it - Also, would going back to OS 114 solve these issues?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    sounds like the uncaught exception isn't theme related if you tried the default theme and it does the same thing.

as for icons disappearing, i know this was an OLD issue with 4.5 on reboot, but haven't seen that in any of the new OS's. do they come back after a period of time? i know when loading a new theme before, after the reboot my browser and some email icons would disappear, but after connecting back to the network, they would reappear.

were you having the issues on .114? if not, then i would agree that it has to be the OS you are using.

hey cherri...never really tried to load any on 114 - the default theme isn't really default - ie it was not preloaded on the device. the default precision andthe other one that came with the OS work fine - Can you difrect me to a good place/page/list with free themes that are stable/trusted?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    all the themes on here are trusted
    it could be a third party app, coupled with a custom theme that is causting the uncaught exception. the only true way to tell what is causing it is to delete all third party apps and add them back one at a time.

do you have a lot of 3rd party apps on your device? can you remember possibly what you added and when that way you can narrow down time line?

also, what are these uncaught exceptions? thy seem to just go away after I OK out of them a few times - what do they mean and can they be prevented?