OK, so yesterday I was finishing the last touch-ups on a theme using Theme Builder ... Software & Theme Development forum

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional

Question Theme Builder 6.0 & Today Text?

Advertisement

OK, so yesterday I was finishing the last touch-ups on a theme using Theme Builder 5.0 when it decided to relocate the banner items (meters, time etc) to the top of one of my call screens over the phone & volume icons. I tried to test the theme on the sim and my device to see if it was just a glitch with TB, but it wouldn't allow me to because the banner items were outside of the banner area.

Short of the long there... I tried everything I could think of and never could get it to put the banner items back where they were supposed to be. Not to mention that TB 5.0 will reset my custom meters every time I close the program, even if I save it fifty times.

So I re-installed TB 6.0, converted the theme to work with it and then spent another hour trying to fix everything that it more or less knocked out of whack. Finally get that done and my theme should have been finished, but then I realize while testing that the today text wasn't showing up.

Short of the long there... I tried everything I could think of and still the today text doesn't show up. It shows perfectly on the TB 6.0 preview, but nothing on the sim or my device. I then attempted to take it back into TB 5.0 to get the today text to work, which would complete the theme and couldn't do that because TB 5.0 couldn't find a "previous version". At that point I removed TB 5.0 from my computer hoping that this was due to some kind of conflict due to having both installed, but that didn't fix anything either. As a last resort I started the theme from scratch, but again, no today text outside of the TB 6.0 preview.

So my question is this...

Is there a trick I don't know about to get the today text to show up when working with TB 6.0?

Thank you in advance to those who reply!!
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Ok which OS are you running presently on your device 5.0 or 6.0? You can't run a higher OS on your device that you are running. Themebuilder 6.0 is beta stage and the today only works with the blackberry6 version not the custom version. You can on move banner items in the home screen area. The glitch with the today is the fact that they have defaulted the signal meter in the navigation. It doesn't matter what you do delete it out or not it will not navigate to the hidden today. The only device I have personally got to work is the torch.

I'm not sure why tb 5 is resetting your custom meters that's not normal as long as you are building in custom format. The today text will always show in the simulator but never really navigate to it.

Hopefully RIM will release a official version will some fixes. I hope this answers some of your questions and welcome to the frustration of building with beta 6.0

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

JavaBratt no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Ok which OS are you running presently on your device 5.0 or 6.0? You can't run a higher OS on your device that you are running. Themebuilder 6.0 is beta stage and the today only works with the blackberry6 version not the custom version. You can on move banner items in the home screen area. The glitch with the today is the fact that they have defaulted the signal meter in the navigation. It doesn't matter what you do delete it out or not it will not navigate to the hidden today. The only device I have personally got to work is the torch.

I'm not sure why tb 5 is resetting your custom meters that's not normal as long as you are building in custom format. The today text will always show in the simulator but never really navigate to it.

Hopefully RIM will release a official version will some fixes. I hope this answers some of your questions and welcome to the frustration of building with beta 6.0
    Right now I have OS5, however, I'm supposed to be getting a new device today and it will end up having OS6.

As far as TB6... someone told me this was the full (non beta) release, so the whole today text issue really stinks as that is something I like to include in just about all my themes. So for now I went back to having both TB5 and TB6 installed.

But the whole banner thing... yeah, I know you're only supposed to be able to move banner items on the home screen area which is why I don't understand why on earth it relocated them to the call screen. In the end there was nothing I could do except for to start all over since it wouldn't let me move them back.

So yeah.. for now it looks like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't LOL! As you said, hopefully RIM will release a version with some fixes. I enjoy making the themes, but its not always easy when they release software to do it that's not very stable
    iPhone 5C | iOS 7.0.4
    iPad 3 - 32GB | iOS 7.0.4

Theme Support Info