Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What other reason would cause the caret "highlight bar" to disappear on the homescreen of ... Software & Theme Development forum

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5

Still having a weird "caret" issue on 83xx build.

Advertisement

What other reason would cause the caret "highlight bar" to disappear on the homescreen of a today + theme. Had one issue where the status text on the screen was causing it to not be there. Now have created a combo jscroll/todayplus hidden scrolling dock and when that is loaded on there the caret disappears again. Was able to get the caret to work with the today plus theme I made (retro techno) manus the status text. Any insight would be great. Feel like I have tried every combination of things to get it to work.

Ok, now its not just me, sent the theme to a fellow stacker, and he had the same problem. has anyone else even had this problem?
    Last edited by holster27; 02-23-2009 at 12:18 AM.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    What theme builder are you using?
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 02-23-2009 at 05:49 AM.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    i am using cdk 4.6 for 83xx 4.5 build.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Sent you a PM

alai99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the simpler problem that once the svg file add for the crossbar the banner on the homescreen disappear. Anyone know what I need to do either in composer or the Theme Builder to get the banner show up again in the homescreen. Thanks

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    On that home screen there is an option that you check to put homescreen over the banner, that may be it. With the one I am working on, if I check that it covers the homescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by alai99 View Post
    I have the simpler problem that once the svg file add for the crossbar the banner on the homescreen disappear. Anyone know what I need to do either in composer or the Theme Builder to get the banner show up again in the homescreen. Thanks

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by holster27 View Post
    On that home screen there is an option that you check to put homescreen over the banner, that may be it. With the one I am working on, if I check that it covers the homescreen.
    homescreen over banner allows you to put homescreen items over banner items. logically that wouldnt work. it this case i hope it does. that is a sweet theme you are making there. im still messing around with the file to see if i can still find a solution for you.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Once again thank you. If you haven't figured it out, I am still a rookie at all this, especially composer. I thought I was getting it and then when i tried to make my most current svg (as you can see here) I still am having problems. This particular one with the icon issue (not the caret issue) i am completely baffled by. In my mind, logically, the svg file should work. I have tried everything I can think of to make it work. i know someone out there will figure it out - this stack forum is the only website I go to for help - the people here are fantastic and creative, and above all else very willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post
    homescreen over banner allows you to put homescreen items over banner items. logically that wouldnt work. it this case i hope it does. that is a sweet theme you are making there. im still messing around with the file to see if i can still find a solution for you.

I try check the Render Home Screen Over Banner but still how showing banner on the home screen. I even try to add the banner inside the composer but it still wouldn't show the banner under the time and other stuff. I'm making that under the Theme building 4.6 with a 4.5 OS. wondering is that the limitation on the 4.5 OS

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    so you can still see the banner items (ie - time, date, etc) but you can't see a custom banner you have made for it? I wonder if the svg file is interfering with it because your image is extended up to the top, can you crop out that section on the background of your svg so that it is "invisible" and then put the banner in theme builder. it may be the svg file conflicting - some said that they made an svg with funny issues like ours, and remade the same way 4 or 5 times and finally one stuck. Anyway, give that a shot, maybe that will solve your problem.

I try check the Render Home Screen Over Banner but still how showing banner on the home screen. I even try to add the banner inside the composer but it still wouldn't show the banner under the time and other stuff. I'm making that under the Theme building 4.6 with a 4.5 OS. wondering is that the limitation on the 4.5 OS

Yes I can still see the time, data, etc but just the custom banner it wouldn't show. I'm also thinking is the svg file doing something with it but I'm not sure what is making it coving the banner image. I'm making the svg file again see will it do it again

I have test it out. seen like the banner will disappear is because the crossbar icon. as long as the icon went off screen the banner will disappear. so if I put 7 icon there while the 7th icon is still half showing on the screen the banner will still be there. but if I add the 8th icon which will be off the screen for you to scroll the banner will be gone. but I don't know is there anything to do with the x,y or other reason of it. I still has to test more with it.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    I have one of those too, and you know what, my "caret" issue didn't happen until I put the crossbar on there. Worked fine with a hidden dock. Test yours out with a hidden dock and see if it will let your banner show up then.

I have test it out. seen like the banner will disappear is because the crossbar icon. as long as the icon went off screen the banner will disappear. so if I put 7 icon there while the 7th icon is still half showing on the screen the banner will still be there. but if I add the 8th icon which will be off the screen for you to scroll the banner will be gone. but I don't know is there anything to do with the x,y or other reason of it. I still has to test more with it.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    I just tried a crossbar with a custom banner - same problem, its not just you my man.

PIN/ID
    303721d5
    Ok, I tried the stock jscroll (bold version) with the bold builder, custom banner seems to work, tried the stock with the curve builder, no go. There may be nothing you can do. This may be an unsolvable issue. The only way i think you can do it, is to make your background image part of your svg file and be sure to add the banner to the background image before you load it into composer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast