Is there a way to upgrade the OS for the device simulators I have installed? ... Software & Theme Development forum

MyBlackPearl no está en línea Stack level 2

simulator

Advertisement

Is there a way to upgrade the OS for the device simulators I have installed? Or is there a way to simulate a Pearl with the 4.5 OS? I didn't see anything like this in the simulator downloads.

poncespr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Go to the developers download section on RIM's website and download the JDE (Java Development Environment) version that you need. Current version is 4.6 but 4.5 is in the same page a little further down. It includes the BB simulator.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi MyBlackPearl,

I haven't tried this myself, but here's a guess at what you could do.

In the C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.6.0\simulator\Java folder, there are a lot of .cod files listed. It looks like these are the OS files the simulator uses.

In the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\~BB version~\Java folder, there are more .cod files listed. It looks like these are the OS files your Desktop Manager uses. (Note you'll have to fill in the ~BB version~ in the folder address.)

So I would guess you could copy the .cod files from the second folder into the first folder, and this should cause your simulator to use the same OS version as what you have installed on Desktop Manager.

squished

aclayej no está en línea Stack level 2
    That's a great idea! Unfortunately it doesn't work. I just tried loading the 4.5 files on there and the simulator wouldn't boot. Oh well.

aclayej no está en línea Stack level 2
    BTW: How do I use my 8100 simulator to work with themes I've made? Plazmic 4.6 wouldn't recognize a simulator and even tried loading it thru File>Load Java App and the hourglass popped up but nothing happened and the theme didn't show up in the simulator's theme list.

I've got the Blackberry JDE and have played around with the simulator stuff. How do I set up a simulator for an 8100 running OS 4.5? I also read in another post that Plazmic won't tie into the simulator in the JDE, and that I'd have to load a theme manually to test it? Is this true?

Ok, I'm an idiot. I swear the link wasn't there till tonight, but I found the simulator for the 8100 with OS 4.5 on the Blackberry development site with all the other simulators I downloaded...