I know i'm new here but I have been wanting to try making my first ... Software & Theme Development forum

ebishop no está en línea Stack level 1

Scribble theme icons

Advertisement

I know i'm new here but I have been wanting to try making my first theme, i'm using Plazmic CDK 4.5 and for me it seems pretty easy but my problem is with creating icons and fonts. Im ambitious in trying to make a scribble theme. I found a great one in this thread 82564 and it works on my BB pearl 8100 with os 4.5 upgraded on it. I just want to create something simmilar but with my own touches.

My question about the icons is how do you create them (what program) so they look like scribbles that kids would draw? or how could I get the .png icons out of a .thm file so I could examine them?

Any help on this would greatly be appreciated!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    ebishop welcome to pinstack!

the scribble icons are actually part of the CDK catalog and you can even open up the theme and make changes using the theme builder.

theme samples would be located here on your harddrive
    C:\Program Files\Plazmic CDK 4.5\samples\Themes

icon samples would be here:
    C:\Program Files\Plazmic CDK 4.5\samples\Themes\Graphics

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    there's TONS of websites for you to get icons, then download gimp and fix them up how you want them. There's a tutorial here on the stacks about it, that's how I learned. Look under Software and Theme development....good luck!
    **Ashmee**

Cherrichiodo,

I searched and found all the icons/backgrounds & files under C:\Program Files\Plazmic CDK 4.5 but scribble turned up just a few items:
    scribble message.png, scribble browser.png, scribble unread.png and scribble zen 320x240.thm and if I open the .thm file with Plazmic it does open the theme for editing but doesn't point to where the application icons are or anything. Now I could be missing something and just not seeing where they are. Anything is possible with me I guess. Any other thoughts?

Im not the brightest bulb in the house but I got it figured out!! I created a new 240x260 zen theme then imported the scribble.thm file into my existing creation and there it was. I had to do some repositioning of a few things since the screen size was diffrent but it got me the theme and I added my own little touches "pictures my kids drew for me" into the theme. Thanks for everyone who helped and good theeming to those who also wanted to know how to do this.

Im still working on my scribble zen theme for my BB 8100 and everything is going great. I'm adding some color to it like kids crayon drawings but I wanted to add some color to the icons. As everyone konws there isnt an easy way to do this since the Plazmic 4.5 CDK don't let you edit the icons. Anyone know how I could get the icons out of the .thm file or any other suggestions how I could add color to them? My keyboard lock screen looks like this and it's the same type color I want to add to the icons.
    Last edited by ebishop; 09-11-2008 at 10:34 PM.