Whereas Apple stipulated that the massive amount of money they threw into the pot for ... Software & Theme Development forum

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

RIM Blunder?

Advertisement

Whereas Apple stipulated that the massive amount of money they threw into the pot for 3rd party development had to produce Apple apps, which certainly makes sense, the folks at RIM tossed in their mountain of dough for "mobile software development" with absolutely no requirement that the product be suitable for Blackberry.

somthinsim no está en línea Stack level 3
    Why does this not surprise me. who cares, its not like its "their" money ( people who made the contract)

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    RIM putting there money into Mobile Development Is better then Paying someone else to make apps for your phone, that runs on YOUR SYSTEM instead of the DEVELOPERS ..
    Thats where you get Conflict errors.
    Rim Blunder, ....No .
    Apple Screw up .....Yes

elacogdhs no está en línea Stack level 2
    I agree with Nacho on this one...

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm sure by now everyone has read about the $999 application that was pulled from Apples application store.

From BetaNews:

"Eight people are said to have downloaded the program, including six in the US, one in Germany and another in France during the day it was live. Using the App Store's revenue split, Heinrich would have made nearly $5,600 in revenues from an program that essentially does nothing."

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    LMAO ..wtf ..What kind of app was it? ..

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by TorturedNacho View Post
    RIM putting there money into Mobile Development Is better then Paying someone else to make apps for your phone, that runs on YOUR SYSTEM instead of the DEVELOPERS ..
    Thats where you get Conflict errors.
    Rim Blunder, ....No .
    Apple Screw up .....Yes
    I'm not even going to express my opinion about the above comment in this forum.
    To reiterate, it doesn't seem rational to contribute $150 million for the development of competitor's programs.

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3
    TorturedNacho,

It was called "I am rich" or something like that. It puts a green emerald in the corner of your iphone and fades in and out. I think there was an option to change the background color..."

meme405 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek View Post
    TorturedNacho,

It was called "I am rich" or something like that. It puts a green emerald in the corner of your iphone and fades in and out. I think there was an option to change the background color..."
    Yeah thats basically all it does...

It was suposedly to try and restore your iPhones status symbol that you are rich. it seems some people think that since the drop of the iphones prices theres aarnt worth as much anymore. so this idiot invented this software...

I thought it was pretty funny the people that downloaded it. Especially the german guy who got pissed off tht it wasnt a joke...