Sorry to be such a lazy bastard but can anyone help me w/ PhotoShop 7.0? ... Software & Theme Development forum

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

[REQ] Help w/ Image for Theme Builder

Advertisement

Sorry to be such a lazy bastard but can anyone help me w/ PhotoShop 7.0? I'm trying to add a solid color background to my logo> I have read ALL day on Photoshopessentials dot com and never could find it. TIA PLZ..........

PS, I know about layers, I think. lol
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

bgerber no está en línea Stack level 1
    When you have your logo on your screen in PS now, what does the background look like? If it is a grey and white checkerboard, then the layer with your logo is already transparent. All you have to do is create a new layer and move it under the layer with your logo. BTW, if you only have one layer and it is called BACKGROUND, double click the layer and call it anything else you want. PS will not permit another layer to be under the default BACKGROUND layer.

OK so now you have a new layer under the logo layer. Its color is whatever you have as a default fill in your color picker at the bottom of the toolbar on the left side of your screen. If you want to make the layer some other color, double click the upper lefthand little square in the color picker (the fill color) and click your new color.

Save your work and you're done. I do NOT recommend that you flatten the layers because that will lock you into the background color you pick. Keep the two layers for more flexibility in the future.

Finally, if you are going to use this for the web, I would SAVE for the WEB. That will launch Image Ready, the little appreciated PS twin that will generate a nice small version of your file for the web.

HOpe this helps.

amoroso511 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: [REQ] Help w/ Image for Theme Builder

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    Sorry to be such a lazy bastard but can anyone help me w/ PhotoShop 7.0? I'm trying to add a solid color background to my logo> I have read ALL day on Photoshopessentials dot com and never could find it. TIA PLZ..........

PS, I know about layers, I think. lol
    Hi In terms of photoshop stuff your best bet is to subscribe to "prodig.org" where all photoshop professionals meet.

Eye_Dia no está en línea Stack level 1

Photoshop

Use the paint option (paint bucket).

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: [REQ] Help w/ Image for Theme Builder

Wow, thx a lot, to ALL!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1