Im going through the software I need to download, well Im at the Java Development ... Software & Theme Development forum

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Question about creating themes for the storm..

Advertisement

Im going through the software I need to download, well Im at the Java Development for the 4.7 and read this..

Requirements:
    BlackBerry JDE v4.5+: Java SE JDK v6.0
    BlackBerry JDE v4.2.1 and v4.3.0: Java SE JDK v5.0 or v6.0
    BlackBerry JDE v4.1 and v4.2: Java SE JDK v5.0
    BlackBerry JDE v4.0 and v4.0.2: Java SE SDK v1.4

Just making sure im reading this correctly..I have to have ALL those downloaded and installed before I can download the 4.7?
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Answered my own question. Going to play around with making my first theme tomorrow I promise you guys, yo uwont be disappointed!
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Remember to sa?e and export after every window. This is a "beta" version of plazmic's CDK 4.7 so it's still very buggy. Try to avoid animations and such if you have any in mind. If you try to walk through the whole theme builder and wait till the end to export/save, it will crash forcing you to restart all over again. You'll get an error stating and it will shut down losing all the work you've already accumalted. Just a little advise before you begin. For some reason it won't allow mw to mod the dialogue boxes within inspector, though I've seen a few people modding it. I'm not sure if it's a bug or some installation glitch but anyway beware of this too for it will crash your theme. Try to use images from CDK itself for the tabs and such if you use bigger images, the size of your theme file will also increase. Try to use a program called pix resizer to resize your images to the storm's resolution which should be 360x480 if I'm not mistaken. I'm currently mobile so I'm not quite sure, the program's free and resourceful. Also try to download a program called gimp (free app) or if you have photoshop then disregard. It's a great tool to scale images/voloring resizing and more. I wish you the best of luck. Remember to run the theme before submitting to avoid issues. I usually ask someone to test it because I don't have a storm and I don't want to cause a bricked storm because of a theme I've created. Just a reminder again, this is a beta version so don't freak out if something doesn't work well. Good luck!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    Remember to sa?e and export after every window. This is a "beta" version of plazmic's CDK 4.7 so it's still very buggy. Try to avoid animations and such if you have any in mind. If you try to walk through the whole theme builder and wait till the end to export/save, it will crash forcing you to restart all over again. You'll get an error stating and it will shut down losing all the work you've already accumalted. Just a little advise before you begin. For some reason it won't allow mw to mod the dialogue boxes within inspector, though I've seen a few people modding it. I'm not sure if it's a bug or some installation glitch but anyway beware of this too for it will crash your theme. Try to use images from CDK itself for the tabs and such if you use bigger images, the size of your theme file will also increase. Try to use a program called pix resizer to resize your images to the storm's resolution which should be 360x480 if I'm not mistaken. I'm currently mobile so I'm not quite sure, the program's free and resourceful. Also try to download a program called gimp (free app) or if you have photoshop then disregard. It's a great tool to scale images/voloring resizing and more. I wish you the best of luck. Remember to run the theme before submitting to avoid issues. I usually ask someone to test it because I don't have a storm and I don't want to cause a bricked storm because of a theme I've created. Just a reminder again, this is a beta version so don't freak out if something doesn't work well. Good luck!
    Thank you very much for the insight!
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I just did a quick theme. I go to export it is .JAD and it saves along with multiple COD files. which files do I need to use for an OTA? I obviously can not ZIP the files together being an OTA...so any help for exporting and uploading the net would be great. thanks.
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you need all the cods for the ota.sorry i can't help with the "how to"
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Ask
    bump this....Anyone help me on this matter? I have a real good theme that I'm excited about and what to get it up and working where people can download it..
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    zip up the jad and all the cods and get with cherri...she will get an ota link for you
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks