All, I'm buying/trying quite a few Bold themes and am finding that in most cases ... Software & Theme Development forum

PicassoLSUS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A3371F

Question Question about Bold theme menu fonts

Advertisement

All,

I'm buying/trying quite a few Bold themes and am finding that in most cases an otherwise great looking theme is ruined (in *my* opinion, and for *my* needs) with a hideously large menu font size. The menu I'm referring to is that which appears when pressing the berry key while say, viewing all of the icons from the homescreen or elsewhere.

An example of a theme that does NOT do this, and displays a nicely themed cleanly designed smaller sized font is Vistos Ice Blue.

Do most theme designers just not take the time to theme this specific element of the UI? Or, is that portion of the theme not applying or "taking" when I select to use those specific themes?

I really prefer the smaller fonts and not a menu so large that I have to scroll through to see all of the entries.

Thanks for the info!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    It seems that you're asking for a custom theme with your own preferences. Don't blame theme builders for making the fonts as the ones you have tried in the past. Sometimes when a theme is released to the public by a kind and generous theme builder he/she may set those fonts according to his/her preferences not to annoy users. This is why feedback is always advised. Doesn't necessarily have to be in a nasty way, simply state what you would like to see different in it and ask nicely whether or not the theme developer may change a few settings for you. Trust me we care and do take the time...

Thank you for your post.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PicassoLSUS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A3371F
    Raton,

Thanks for the reply. What I'm really looking to find out here, is if the menu listing font is truely showing up the way its intended. I'm having trouble believing a theme that's generally all very slick elsewhere totally overlooks themeing of this element.

And sure, those free themes that display this type design are after all free so I can't complain. However, if I'm paying for a theme, well, I would expect a little more attention to this area. I can't imagine a menu with that large of a font size actually being preferred by the majority.

There again though, maybe mine just isn't displaying properly and its not intended to be that ugly after all?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience when purchasing a theme with that font issue. I would advise a refund. Sometimes what looks good on an image doesn't necessarily mean it will look the same on your phone. Sometimes theme builders snap images of the themes they have created at an earlier stage or at the end and then go back to make some other changes and then upload it without warning the buyers/users that changes have been made. Sometimes when buying a theme you gotta look at all these factors. As you mentioned especially those font issues in the menu dialogue boxes as well as the the size and color. Perhaps we can help you out. Post a request for your bold and I'm more than sure people will try to help you as much as possible. This site has "REALLY GOOD" theme builders and i'm not talking about myself for I consider still consider myself a noob.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    the theme should always have screenshots of the menu screen. if not, then send an email to the developer asking for a screenshot. that way you know what the fonts look like otherwise.

i don't have a bold to test, so i rely on a few generous stackers that i have test for me. most of the time, i am told my font is too small and it needs to be increased. its really hard to make a theme that will make everyone happy, so somewhere in the middle is where i try to be.

and raton is right, there are plenty of developers here on the stacks that would be willing to make you something custom, for free