I know this has been discussed here many times but I tried everything I could ... Software & Theme Development forum
Problem with APN
I know this has been discussed here many times but I tried everything I could so maybe someone has other ideas. Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I could not find a more appropriate .
Here is the situation:
We have an application that makes standard HTTP and HTTPS connection to a web service to request information (no BES, our users use BIS). We tested it in a few devices using Cingular and Verizon and the application worked great. Now here is the problem. We released it to the users. We have two users using the same carrier in the same city - one can access the application and the other can not. The one that can not access the application gets the initial arrow sending the information and then it stops. We have an identical situation with two Verizon users too - one can access fine and the other can not.
I thought it could be something with the accounts so called Cingular and Verizon and asked them to compare the accounts from both users. Identical accounts (same services and no Media Plan, nothing in the one that worked, btw). I also deleted all the service books, removed the battery and registered for the service books again. Still no success.
This is quite frustrating. We spend time and money developing for these platforms and now the thing does not work. Anyway, enough with the complains. Now my question. Is there a way we can test the APN for a device? I was thinking of simple application that could help us demonstrate to the carrier that there is something wrong with the service for that particular client. Any advice or ideas is deeply appreciated.
Re: Problem with APN
Welcome to PinStack Guga.
I'm bumping this thread and moving it to the Software and Theme Development Forum for more visibility with other deveopers.
Sorry I can't help any more than this.
Re: Problem with APN
Thank you. I actually should post the solution here.
The problem was actually with version 4.2. For some reason it did not appear in the emulator. The connection string should have http in lower case. Our application had that upper case (HTTP) and it was giving us an error. Because we did not have a device with that version at the time we were having problems to debug. Anyway, I though I should post it here the solution.
Sorry for blaming the carriers .
Tags for this Thread