I would like to post my theme online here at Pinstack to share with others. ... Software & Theme Development forum

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Posting A New Free Theme

Advertisement

I would like to post my theme online here at Pinstack to share with others. What are the steps involved with posting my theme so that it can be downloaded with an OTA link?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Cubward, Read the posting guidelines here. That should give you the info you need. For OTA information, contact Cherrichiodo or

maybe an experienced theme writer can help this user with OTA info?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

okay, thanks!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If you need help with more info be sure to ask us in the theme dev forum. Ask us anything and we'll try to help you to the best of our knowledge. We're no secret keepers. There's a tutorial on almost everything you might wanna do with theme developing. (Plazmic)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Thanks raton. Did you happen to see my other two questions on theme building that I need help with? I noticed that no one has responded with an answer to either of those questions yet. Can you help?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    what's it about? let's keep it all here then . Shoot!
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

1.I'm working on building my very first theme and am just about finished except I don't know how to "fix" or correct a problem I'm having with the icons page. For some reason when I click on my application button (which shows the screen with all of the icons for other applications) I'm only getting half of the background picture that I assigned for that screen and at the top half of the screen I'm seeing the "mask" or home page screen. What am I doing wrong? It's really driving me nuts! All of my other screens work fine, it's just that one screen that's giving me issues.

2. I have already noticed that there is only a limited amount of "freebies" that are in the icons given with Plazmic Theme Builder. Can anyone suggest a good source for obtaining more icons to use in various different themes?

3. New question: How do you go about making a bottom dock theme? I don't see where I'm given that option with Plazmic.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Can you post pictures? please?

#1... if this is what you mean, If you're creating themes for your curve remember that the dimension is 320x240 and if the image is smaller than that it will get cut off or look horribly pixelated. Try using gimp or pix resizer. they're both free apps that will allow you to manipulate images. If i'm not mistaken there are a whole bunch of links for those somewhere in the forums all in one thread. I gotta look for that link for the thread. but they're all there and also Cherrichiodo and some other theme developers have added their sets of icons here as well for free to use.

3... you have to select the tab that reads select applications and you'll be able to reposition the icons however you want top dock bottom dock left zen circle U etc... but if you wanna get fancy with it and make it a hidden dock or drop dock/ slide or flick and slide i would suggest you look in the themes forum and look for those tutorials that explain very thoroughly on how to get them as an svg for you to add them on your theme and it will allow you to do all of that. Oh and also you might wanna check the box in properties that reads device application order so that the icons you place on the main screen become customizable meaning people can change the icons on the main screen with the ones they use the most whether it be profiles/calendar/address book/ etc etc ....I hope i didn't loose ya. Good luck.

Are you asking me to post pictures of how screwed up it looks on my phone or do you want the actual pics and their original size that I'm using in Plasmic?

I downloaded Gimp but it's sort of complicated to understand how to use right now. Just got it and there's so much crap to read first on how to use it.

3... you have to select the tab that reads select applications and you'll be able to reposition the icons however you want top dock bottom dock left zen circle U etc... I've looked every where and I don't see where this is an option. Could it be that I have an older version of Plasmic or something?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    use plazmic 4.6 not 4.7 cuz it's glitchy

It looks like I'm using a version 2.10.0.14 Jun 29 2007. Not real savy on how to get the version I really need if that's the case. I'm surprised at myself for even managing to get the version I have now! lol

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    That's gimp you're talking about I was talking about plazmic theme builder. Try to stay away from 4.7. Use 4.5 or 4.6 to create themes for your 83xx device.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

No, I was talking about Plasmic. I opened the Help screen to read about that version and that's what it said. I didn't think I was able to use 4.6 if my curve had an older version operating system. See, my phone is v4.3 so I downloaded Plasmic that I could do themes for versions 4.2 and higher.