hi guys please help me out i would be really thankful. i made a theme ... Software & Theme Development forum

usmansamie no está en línea Stack level 1

Please Help me out problems in the theme i made

Advertisement

hi guys
    please help me out i would be really thankful. i made a theme from the plazmic theme maker and i kept the sizes given in the best practices for blackberry theme maker manual i just changed the home screen and application screen wallpapers and the banner objects and changed the fonts. i exported the file and loaded it into my pearl but when i try to load it by going under the themes menu i click on it and it says active but thats all it does it only says active but the previous themes is still active just the font changes to the one i kept. i tried the battery pull and when i started my bb it went till the home screen this time with the themes i had created i knew coz the wallpaper had changed to the one i had kept but then it gave me the error "uncaught exception:invalid length or width" and it gets stuck there and i cant do ANYTHING i just can pull out the battery and start again it wouldnt even connect to desktop manager and i went thru a lot of trouble deleting it ( it eventually connected) now please tell me what i should do because i really want to make my theme the way i want please help
    Last edited by usmansamie; 05-14-2009 at 06:10 AM.

brianjr1988 no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    usmansamie, in ptb they have a simulator u can run your theme threw why on the site they tell u to download it so u can see how it works so if u have mad it up give it a run on that and see, also make sure u did it for the right os that u have and so on

Quote Originally Posted by briana1988 View Post
    usmansamie, in ptb they have a simulator u can run your theme threw why on the site they tell u to download it so u can see how it works so if u have mad it up give it a run on that and see, also make sure u did it for the right os that u have and so on
    firstly thanks a lot for replying.i am certain i have made it for the os i am running. i have downloaded the theme simulator for the 8100 but it did not come with the theme builder i downloaded it seperately but now when i press the simulator button on the ptb it says no simulator found for the device size 240x260 what should i do is there a specific place where i was supposed to put the simulator so it would work.

PIN/ID
    just ask
    "C:\Program Files\Plazmic CDK 4.7\bin\simulator.exe"

look in there and start that or try and install the simulator again k, cause if u can start the simulator alone then u can just import the cod file and test

PIN/ID
    just ask
    "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators 4.5.0\4.5.0.37 (8120-Rogers)\fledge.exe"

or look in that path if u have it install might not be the sim i have or version but if u got one listed see if there is the fledge.exe if there is click it and wait and then load the cod from the theme and test it

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Go to edit then preferences and then to simulator's and check all, see if that helps you out

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

nope it didn't find the simulator by going into preferences.
    but thanks a lot guys.
    brianA1988 thanks a lot for the tip now i can see and simulate themes even thought the theme builder still doesnt detect the simulator thanks a lot.i will let you guys know when my theme starts working THANKS A LOT
    Last edited by usmansamie; 05-14-2009 at 12:20 PM.

P.S the simulator loads some themes but not others the version is 4.2 does it mean it will only simulate OS 4.2 themes? because i tried to simulate some themes i downloaded from here but it only simulated one and not the other two i tried what should i do
    sorry for being so unknowing but i appreciate your help a lot

PIN/ID
    just ask
    usmansamie, they have diff simulators for diff versions of the os for the diff devices so people can test the stuff they make u know, so if u are on the 8100 device and have the 4.5 os u are goin to download that simulator from rims site

thanks i got it now i downloaded the v4.5 and its working fine thanks again

holster27 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303721d5
    sam,

You may be running into an issue where your phone's os is not 4.5, also, if you are building for a pearl, you may already be doing this, but use plazmic 4.6, not 4.7, there are less bugs and problems. Also, if you have deleted any of the original themes that were preinstalled on your phone, that can cause issues with uploading new ones. Alot of times themes will make a call to the original ones on your phone for certain things like icons, fonts, etc. I use 4.7 for the storm and 8350 and every time i run any sim off of the 4.7, i come up with some sort of error. never works. Like I said you may be running plazmic 4.6 anyway. To make sure you do have the right os theme for your phone, on your phone click options and about, the 3rd line will have the version os you are runnin. Pearls and curves run 4.2,4.3, and 4.5. if you have 4.2 or 4.3 then there is a patch you can fix to export your theme in plazmic, its here on the stacks somewhere.

You may know this already, but I thought i would throw it out there just in case.

thanks for the thing abt using plazmic theme developer 4.6 instead of 4.7 i will try it out coz i have 4.7 right now and i havent deleted any of the pre-installed themes so it shouldn't be the thing causing the problem. I am running on OS 4.5 on the pearl so i will try the theme again and see if it works with PTB 4.6. Thanks