Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

I would think so, but as I said, I have this problem and have to ... Software & Theme Development forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

Advertisement

I would think so, but as I said, I have this problem and have to use the Account from which I installed the PTB.

Sorry I can't help more.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

mfritzin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I actually got the program to work. Any ideas how to increase the number of rows of icons per screen? it appears that only two show each time I create a theme....any ideas?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't use the 7100, but I would think it would have more that 2 rows of Icons on the screen. Are you using different Icons than the ones that come with the PTB, for the 7100? Is it possible that you are using Icons that are sized for the 8700? That is the only thing I can think of that would cause this. Can you take a screenshot of your BB theme. Download and install on your PC, JL_Cmder from the Downloads section, and use the screen shot feature to capture images of your home screen so I can see what may be the problem. Post one as an attachment here.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

nkodak no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

Ok.. so how did you fix the no-export problem? I have full admin rights to my machine and I can't get it to export. I get the export window and no matter what path I put in, ALX or JAD, check overwrite or not, I don't get any files. No ALX file, no JAD file, no COD files, nothing. Suggestions?

nkodak no está en línea Stack level 1

Nevermind, I just found the problem. For anyone else that might run across this same issue. Plazmic does not error about Java DevKit 1.5, but it doesn't work with it either. You have to have the JDK 1.4 loaded.

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

i have created some themes and i have created a wireless website for my work so that my fellow employees and others can download blackberry themes/ringtones/images OTA, but i have not found a clear answer to this. when i export the jad files. i get the cod and jad files (i understand that they are both necessary). my questions are:

what do i post on my website so people can download over the air? when i create a link, which file do i point to? should i create a seperate link for the OTA install of the theme reader? if so, do i just put a link to the jad file?
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

the .jad file is the starting point that you post as the link for people to point to with the BB browser. You'll also need to place all the .cod files onto the server. The .jad file is a package listing of all the files the OTA action will need to download-- so after you make .jad file set, do not change any filenames because they are all encoded in the .jad file. The number of .cod files depends on how many graphic elements your particular theme has. Some of mine had 4 and some had 10 .cod files.

the server needs to have some things enabled. I know that Apache servers are the preferred ones. You also need a file to tell the server how to handle requests. This is a .htaccess file. Note there is nothing preceeding the initial "dot" in the filename. The file needs to have this contents (build with a text-only editor like Notepad):

AddType text/vnd.sun.j2me.app-descriptor jad
    AddType application/vnd.rim.cod cod
    AddType application/java-archive jar
    AddType audio/adpcm adp

This file needs to be in every folder you create on the server with .jad and .cod files. Again, the file name is everything inside the quotes ".htaccess".

I have also found that you must use the OTA installation of the Theme Reader application for OTA themes to work. Seems like a bug but I repeated it in testing. So, upload them too and place a link for users to grab them.

Yes, the active link is to the themename.jad file

Hope this helps?

pduncan no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I have the 8703e (just purchased).

I have a nice, simple theme I have made and would like to use, but after loading it into the device, I only get the "close" option and no "activate" option when I select it under options/theme.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

pduncan, Welcome to PinStack.

Did you also install the Plazmic Theme Reader when you installed the theme? Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    pduncan, Welcome to PinStack.

Did you also install the Plazmic Theme Reader when you installed the theme? Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.
    The blackberry desktop tool shows that it is installed already. Should I try to de/reinstall it?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Can you see the theme reader in Options/Advanced Options/Applications? If so select it and open the menu. Select Edit Permissions, make sure they are set to Connections Allow, Interactions Custom and User Data Allow.
    Do this for your theme also

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Can you see the theme reader in Options/Advanced Options/Applications? If so select it and open the menu. Select Edit Permissions, make sure they are set to Connections Allow, Interactions Custom and User Data Allow.
    Do this for your theme also

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    I changed "interactions" to "custom" for both of them, and I still only have "close" as a choice when I select the theme...hmmmmmmmm.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

In the Options/Themes menu do you have an option for Download Themes?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

No...just a list of the themes.

lamarcus no está en línea Stack level 1

good looking out!!! i cant believe how dedicated you guys are to this site. this thread is the bomb, it covers everything. thanks alot!!!!!!

Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast