Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 LastLast

Same question for me. I'm a total newb to theme building, and want to try ... Software & Theme Development forum

javatyger no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    U5W15H

Question

Advertisement

Same question for me. I'm a total newb to theme building, and want to try and build themes for the 8900. Can someone let us know if the walk through is similar for 4.7?

And my other question: What should I have installed to create themes using 4.7??? I found another thread that listed pre-req's for creating themes, but it wasn't up to date, so I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by brettxw View Post
    Is the walkthrough of the Plazmic still the same for the 4.7?
    My Smartphone History - 7130e -> 8130 Pearl -> 8330 Curve -> iPhone 3G -> Javelin(Curve 8900)

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by javatyger View Post
    Same question for me. I'm a total newb to theme building, and want to try and build themes for the 8900. Can someone let us know if the walk through is similar for 4.7?

And my other question: What should I have installed to create themes using 4.7??? I found another thread that listed pre-req's for creating themes, but it wasn't up to date, so I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks!!!
    Java, that page you were reading that was not up to date will still help you. You just need click the links and download the all the latest ones that show. Thats what I did.
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

HoboJane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20a089b1
    when reading over the v4.6 on Plazmic, it tells you to select the screen size for the diffrent types of blackberrys, but it doesnt list 83xx. I was wondering which one to choose instead.

Also I am looking for icons, can I just assign pics or do I download stes?
    Last edited by HoboJane; 03-07-2009 at 02:35 AM.

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It
    Trying my hand at theme building, so far I'm happy with what I've been able to do.

but, now I'm a little stuck.

I've seen a few themes that allow an application icon to be shown on the lock screen (Dylan Mac's Weather Themes) and I'd like to be able to do this.

I know I have to use the composer to create the lock screen but "creating" said screen is where I "don't know where to begin"

Anybody able to give me a shove in the right direction?

Thanks a bunch!

-Jerry
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

digits911 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question dialogue background

i created the theme for the 8100 series....i have the 8130 pearl. i could not find a way to make it specific to the 8130....just the 8100 series in general.

in the theme the controls section.....i am using a background that i would like to basically fit the box.....so 1 tile.

when viewing it in theme builder....it appears to fit just great. however when exported and installed on my phone....the pic appears to be about a tile and then part of another too much to the right.

just curious...but would i just make the image bigger?

kristallina no está en línea Stack level 1

Help :(

I have the error :
    Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class 'net.rim.plazmic.app.themebundler.Main' must be public and have a 'public static void main(String[])' method. (LAX)
    Unable to Launch Java Application: Unable to locate the application's 'main' class. The class 'net.rim.plazmic.app.themebundler.Main' must be public and have a 'public static void main(String[])' method. (LAX)

=(=( someone know how can I do? pleeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeee

frankunc23 no está en línea Stack level 1

HELP!!!!!!!!

So I built my theme and installed it. I have all my file sizes below standards (BB 9000 is what it is on) but when I try to change the theme, my home background and app background images are not there. I have the same image on the app background as I do on my active call background (which does show up) but the other two do not. Also my home screen and app screen do not have the font type I put in, yet the menu and other areas do. Any help????????????

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    are you using 4.7 or 4.6 (theme building kit) that is. if you're using 4.6 you should be fine be sure to change all the fonts needed and be sure that the images you're using as backgrounds are the same size as your screen resolution i believe it is 480x360? Anyway, if they're smaller they'll be pixelated and won't be crip clean. Also be sure to save your project and export it with the changes made on it. you have to change the image on your homescreen remember that there are two tabs when changing fonts and what not on the banners. One for applications and one for homescreen. Hope this helps.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    are you using 4.7 or 4.6 (theme building kit) that is. if you're using 4.6 you should be fine be sure to change all the fonts needed and be sure that the images you're using as backgrounds are the same size as your screen resolution i believe it is 480x360? Anyway, if they're smaller they'll be pixelated and won't be crip clean. Also be sure to save your project and export it with the changes made on it. you have to change the image on your homescreen remember that there are two tabs when changing fonts and what not on the banners. One for applications and one for homescreen. Hope this helps.
    I am using 4.7. Is this the reason?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Have you followed the steps I mentioned in Bold. Remember that 4.7 now has a patch and it works relatively okay. It's still glitchy but usable. But I would recommend using 4.6 if you're building for your Bold. I know that 4.6 has no issues. 4.7 doesn't bring anything new aside from 4.6 to make themes for your bold. Try it out

Have you followed the steps I mentioned in Bold. Remember that 4.7 now has a patch and it works relatively okay. It's still glitchy but usable.
    Yes, I made sure to change them both, app and home screen. Everything on the preview is the same, however only certain elements of my theme are on my phone, others are not there. I am lost on this thing..LOL

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Not an easy thing to do but after a few trials and errors you'll be good. I'd say to restart the theme from scratch because that theme file is already corrupted. Try using 4.6. My best advise. Good luck.

Not an easy thing to do but after a few trials and errors you'll be good. I'd say to restart the theme from scratch because that theme file is already corrupted. Try using 4.6. My best advise. Good luck.
    Ok so I got the 4.6 to work, but my menu fonts look splotchy with pink fragment (yes I pushed the A icon to take the jagged edges away) which looks fine in theme builder, but not on the phone. Any ideas?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    You have to change the colors dude.

You have to change the colors dude.
    I did change the colors, there is no pink in my theme at all. They only look like that when not highlighted.