Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Can someone please explain how to make OTA themes? When I export the jad. files, ... Software & Theme Development forum

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705

Advertisement

Can someone please explain how to make OTA themes? When I export the jad. files, there are like a bunch that come out. Im not quite sure what to do with them after that.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    register a free website, put all! exported files online, and post a link to the .JAD file here at the forums (or at your websites index page).

BB4Ever

johu65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24470e33
    I am downloading the device simulator whic one am i supposed to get?

uneedgumbylove no está en línea Stack level 1
    I built my first theme yesterday but I can't seem to get the focus icon to be transparent around the image. It just appears as a white square with the image centered. I've tried editing the image in paintshop pro to make the background area transparent and just leave the image, but no matter what file type (jpeg, gif, png, etc) i save it to or how i alter the layers to make it transparent it still shows up as a square picture with a white background on my bb. What's wrong with my image?

I'm using Photoshop, but it should be nearly the same:

Make sure there is NO background-layer in your image. The focus picture has to be a layer above the background. In Photoshop I can delete the background.

Correct Fileformat: You have to save as 24bit PNG. 8bit doesn't support transparency. Look at the save-dialog if there is a check-box to enable transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by johu65 View Post
    I am downloading the device simulator whic one am i supposed to get?
    Download a version which is near to your OS version installed on your BB. It doesn't really matter which device simulator you install, except you want to test your theme with it, then it should nearly match your BB.

BB4Ever

So i tried editing my image again, this time making sure there is no background layer and saving it as a 24 bit PNG image. The focus icon doesn't show up as a big square now, but it stills shows up as a square and not the form of the image. I'd say the square looks like it's a layer on the image that is at about 10% opacity. Is this the way it is suppose to look?

scratch my last post. i figured it out. i just painted the part i wanted to be transparent a completely different color that wasn't already in the image and when i was saving i chose the option that allows you make transparent a color you specify. it worked like a charm! thanks for your help visitor! :]

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    for anyone looking for a good zip program to be able to post your themes and files check out this link:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._software.html
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

whatamidoing no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ok, so I think i am finally starting to get the hang of the plazmic theme builder. (It's about as addicting as the blackberry) Here is the first one that I have done. I would love some feedback on them. I am learning a little more each time I build a theme. Unfortunately the more I learn, the more ideas I have for new themes, and therefore the less time I have for sleep. Here is my issue, the icons that are out there seem to be fairly limited and would love to start creating my own. Any tips or threads that I should check out for creating new icons from scratch? I have searched and can't find any threads on how to create new ones. I have downloaded Gimp and played with it some but where do I start? There are so many options on gimp. Thanks in advance for the advice and tips.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is where you pretend I said something hilarious!

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3
    BB 8320 Curve TMO
    NewB question: How do I go about changing the application titles on a today screen? For example, say I don't want the word "Applications" I want it to be "Programs"? I've been playing with the theme builder for a couple of days and I'm getting frustrated. To me it would appear to be easy, yet I am stumped.

The Applications Names can't be modified. And the Application Entry on the Homescreen can't be changed or removed with current Plazmic.

BB4Ever

Ok then is it possible that we don't have a full SDK then? I was just browsing over at BPlay and some of the themes I saw were amazing. The one that caught my eye is called "Explorer".

How did they make this?

I'm sure they don't use Plazmic v4.2.2. They have their own Developers Edition or something like this. Hope they will release the needed applications in near future for the public, because "our" Plazmic is very restricted when you compare our themes with the RIM ones

BB4Ever

Hey thanks for replying. Now I can stop pulling my hair out on this and just do some basic themes. Hopefully they will release something with more options for us.

joey_gaskell no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've Created some themes before and this did not happend but lately i have change to a curve and i decided to make myself a new theme. I created the whole thing but after i exported it..when i go to Blackberry Desktop manager and try to load it on it says "No new application designed for your device was found" what am i doing wrong? :S please help soon