Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by batman51 but what if i already have the latest software for my ... Software & Theme Development forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by batman51 View Post
    but what if i already have the latest software for my device. it just needs to be on my pc somewhere?
    Yep. Installed on pc.

batman51 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242eec3c

Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

i think im a lil confused. i now have the latest DM and software, even though the phone came with the latest software i need to load it on my phone again so the DM will know what im working with then i should be able to load themes with ease?

PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes. If you install the same software on your pc that u have on your bb it will just update. If you choose to install software that is newer than what is on your bb it will upgrade. Either way it has to be on your pc.

pculver no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by pculver View Post
    When I change icons form the PTB stock icons to buttons I've created, it seems there are only the generic button types to be edited. (Like Calculator, Address Book, etc.) I have added apps to the 8100 that I'd like to chnage the icons for. (like Byond 411 and Google Maps) Is that possible, and if so...how do I do it?

Also - is there any way (for a guy who isn't the most artistic guy in the world) to create custom battery / volume meters?

Last question - if I want to change the number of icons that appear on the home page screen, what do I do. I've seen themes that have only 4 icons across the page.

Thanks. Love you all.

Has anyone been able to figure out these questions? Thanks

PIN/ID
    ATA

pculver:
    can't change 3rd party icons (yet let's hope a newer CDK will allow this )

if you take one of the meters thats in the catalog and tear it apart in photoshop, maybe that will help you to more understand how they are made. take them, blow them up larger, etc...
    also try the download section here (theme goodies) for icons, meters, etc...

if you are making a zen theme, you can't delete or add to the homescreen. but...open up a template for today. on the inspector, under homescreen (the first one) you take apps from the right side and drag them to left (to add ) now, to delete:

hi-lite the app you want to take off, and then hit the 'delete/recycle' icon (red circle)
    then go and add what you want from the right side. (that's about as close as you are going to get to having four apps on the homescreen)

Thumbs up Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

Everytime I come on pinstack, I'm impressed with the level of helpfulness of it's members. Thanks a lot Cherri. You are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    pculver:

if you take one of the meters thats in the catalog and tear it apart in photoshop, maybe that will help you to more understand how they are made. take them, blow them up larger, etc...
    also try the download section here (theme goodies) for icons, meters, etc..
    Cherri - I tried to open some of the signal / battery meters in Photoshop & zoomed way in like you suggested. It looks like the meters are one image (one layer) witn 2 pixels separating them. Is taht all I need to know? Can I build my own using those guidelines? Tjhanks

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah it are several images in one image. for battery there are 12 Images, and a second line with the same images but with attached charging symbol. inside the signal image are 9 images in only one line.

there are NO pixels seperating the single images, they all have the same width! BB calculates complete width / 12 and knows the width of one single segment.

It's well described in C:\Program Files\Plazmic CDK 4.2.2\docs\Theme_Builder.pdf (Page 37)

BB4Ever

Yeah, right after I replied to Cherri's post I figured it out. (It was RIGHT THERE in the help document in Theme Builder). Duh... Didn't think to check there. Anyway, thanks to all for help getting me going. I appreciate it.

Does anyone have experience with the Plazmic Composer? I haven't started messing with it, but I'm wondering if I should even bother... Thanks.

PIN/ID
    ATA

ive never used it...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by pculver View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Plazmic Composer? I haven't started messing with it, but I'm wondering if I should even bother... Thanks.
    I've played with it a little, but I think I was trying to do something it wasn't intended to do, so really can't help you. It's supposed to be great to create content for the devices, other than themes.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

angie123 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up thanks

This was so helpful thank you. Look out for my themes soon, lol.
    Thanks again.

taylor21 no está en línea Stack level 1
    can som1 please help me on here i have a pearl 8130 and im working with windows vista i tried downloading the plazmic software and it wont let me finish cuz it said its only compatible with 2000 or xp so can someone tell me what else to do or if theres something i can do???

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    Using Windows Vista Compatibility Mode

Hope this solves the problem..

Hint: do this with: \Plazmic CDK 4.2.2\bin\themebuilder.exe (not the .lnk!)

Btw.: Plazmic v4.2.2 Release Notes: "support for Microsoft Windows Vista" Do u have an older Plazmic?
    Last edited by ViSit0R; 03-12-2008 at 12:13 PM.

BB4Ever