Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by pculver So, don't add the cod file? I thought you were supposed ... Software & Theme Development forum

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pculver View Post
    So, don't add the cod file? I thought you were supposed to add both... Thanks for the help
    Both the alx and the cod files need to be in the same location, but when you go DM apps loader and hit the Add button, you only need to click on the alx file. it will tell the apps loader which files to use.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

pculver no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    Both the alx and the cod files need to be in the same location, but when you go DM apps loader and hit the Add button, you only need to click on the alx file. it will tell the apps loader which files to use.

Rcbjr.

OK - I did exactly what you said, and I keep getting the same result. Here's a screen shot:
    Attached Images Attached Images

hybridlab no está en línea Stack level 1

I learned something very valuable today about applying fonts in themes. I'm not sure if this has been documented or not, but i thought i'd post it anyway.

As a designer, i want to control every aspect of the user experience, to create a consistent visual theme from the home screen all the way down into lists, menus and applications. Consistent typography is, in my opinion, one of the biggest things that can be done to make the user experience more pleasant. (unfortunately, even in the themes and the OS controls, there are elements that cannot be changed by the theme designer or the end user.)

In my first set of themes, i set global default fonts based on my own viewing preferences, under the assumption that the fonts set in the theme would form a "default" set of fonts that the user would be able to override in favour of their own settings.

I assumed incorrectly.

As it turns out, ANY changes to the fonts in the default themes we start building with (at least in the "icon" themes, which are the only ones i develop at the present time), results in a loss of end-user control over that font element. Even making changes to the font colour, the background and/or highlight colours on the list views produces a "fixed" result in the exported theme that the end user cannot change from the Screen/Keyboard options. (This is using my 8100 running OS v4.2.1 as my test platform.) This happens whether the fonts are changed globally using the "change font" functionality in the Theme Builder, or if you're changing things on a screen-by-screen or element-by-element basis.

While i would really like to control my list views, i feel that the user having font size flexibility is far more important. Small fonts work for me (i prefer to see more content on the screen at once) but i recognize that everyone's vision and viewing preferences are not the same.

So, i'm now in the process of re-building my themes from the ground up with only minimal changes to the fonts in the application and list views. (Once fonts are changed from the default theme, they cannot be reverted back to their user-controllable "default" state.) I'm still going to town on the home screen view, but everything deeper than that will remain largely as it is in the default theme.

Just thought i'd throw this little tidbit out there for people to read, in case anyone else is having issues with fonts in their themes.
    Last edited by hybridlab; 11-20-2007 at 10:08 PM.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Yes, that has been noted before but It's always to get a different and possible a more detailed view on any problems with Plazmic. It's really hard to tell though because sometimes you can change the fonts and the end uses can still change the sizes. But the thing to really avoid is using TrueType fonts, especially of different sizes. Theme builder makes a separate font package for each TT font and size used. Not efficient at all.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

kelli67 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by WoPStA7 View Post
    i uploaded my theme to my phone but it doesnt show up under themes on my phone..why is that?

I'm having the same problem with my 8100? Is there an answer for us yet? I'm stumped!

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

There could be several reasons. On, there was a problem with a few pearls that came with no Theme theme reader. Another is that you might have followed the instructions for previous versions of the Theme Builder and loaded the theme reader made for OS 4.1 devices. A third is that the permissions aren't set correctly, but that is a more rare event.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

There could be several reasons. On, there was a problem with a few pearls that came with no Theme theme reader. Another is that you might have followed the instructions for previous versions of the Theme Builder and loaded the theme reader made for OS 4.1 devices. A third is that the permissions aren't set correctly, but that is a more rare event.

Rcbjr.
    I wonder if that's it. Ugh. I downloaded this: Plazmic_CDK_v4_2_2,
    but it made me use a old version of Blackberry JDE (4.2.1) . This is what I get for my final screen. Does this help you any? Thanks!

follow up: I changed two things, but don't know which actually worked: I checked 4.2.1 in the box above, and I changed the name of the file from "the office" to "office." Now it shows on my phone.

Thanks!

tbarkau no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Arrow Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by pculver View Post
    OK - I did exactly what you said, and I keep getting the same result. Here's a screen shot:
    I am getting the same thing on mine. Even if I try to install the "Default Theme" or any other theme created in Plazmic. However I can install themes created by others in Plazmic and they work fine. It seem only the ones I create have a problem.

I have even downloaded another's theme, .thm file and then opened it, exported it, and still I get that same error. Although, when I install the theme he created / exported; it will install just fine.

So I can only Gather I am doing something wrong or there is something wrong within my environment that is causing this error.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

tbarkau, What version of the theme Builder are you uisng? What error are you getting?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    N/A

tbarkau, What version of the theme Builder are you using? What error are you getting?

Rcbjr.
    I am getting the same error; Unspecified error encountered [J:0x0000000A] I am running a BB7100i on Nextel, OS 4.1.XXXX I have Plazmic CDK 4.1.

The little green bar moves across to the g in loading, then stops for a second and then poof the error.

Thanks
    Last edited by tbarkau; 11-25-2007 at 11:33 PM. Reason: OS Update

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Here is what RIM has to say about this problem in KB10796

Make sure you are using DM 4.1 or later.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    N/A

Thanks,

Although, I have already tried that. Thing is that, when I download themes from here and other sites, they work fine, mostly all are Plazmic (SLR's) and all the applications I have tried to install have all worked. Only time I have this Error is when I try to install my own created themes. My DM is 4.2.XXX

Here is what RIM has to say about this problem in XXXXX

Make sure you are using DM 4.1 or later.

Rcbjr.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What version of theme builder are you using? I'm not sure why but apparently the Theme builder will only export for 4.2.1 and later OS. At least those are the only one's that are available when trying to export. You might try reverting the theme builder 4.1. In this case, I don't think it's the DM version that isn't matched but the Theme builder.

You could try installing DM 4.1 SP1 or 2 first and see if that works. I have know some of the previous DM versions to cause problem if they are later than the handheld OS, but not recently.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    N/A

I am using 4.1.xxx I believe it is designed for 7100x and my OS is also 4.1.xxx. I have tried DM 4.1.x although, it will not find the BB. 4.2 instantly finds the BB on USB.

What version of theme builder are you using? I'm not sure why but apparently the Theme builder will only export for 4.2.1 and later OS. At least those are the only one's that are available when trying to export. You might try reverting the theme builder 4.1. In this case, I don't think it's the DM version that isn't matched but the Theme builder.

You could try installing DM 4.1 SP1 or 2 first and see if that works. I have know some of the previous DM versions to cause problem if they are later than the handheld OS, but not recently.

Rcbjr.