Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

blackberry pearl - 8100... Software & Theme Development forum

WoPStA7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

Advertisement

blackberry pearl - 8100

Sharky147 no está en línea Stack level 3

If I have already made the theme and saved it as a .alx and everything, how can I get it to actually work? I tried to follow the directions to get it to run on the simulator, but it won't load. Also I have already tried to load it to my phone and it gives me an error from desktop manager saying "There are no valid blackberry applications". I have had this issue before getting other people's themes, but now after going through the whole effort of making one, it won't let me load it. Any help would be awesome.

jimclik no está en línea Stack level 1

I am trying to install the Plazmic and I downloaded everything it wanted and installed that first. When I try and install the Plazmic, it is saying it can't find the Email & MDS Simulator. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Any help out there?

gregbenz no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys,

Just finished making my theme for my 8310 and have it exported with the .alx and .cod file in a folder but when I click on the .alx file in my desktop manager i get this error "no additonal applications designed for your device were found"

Any idea's why i'm getting this error?

Greg

thamessenger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF990

Thanks for all the help! Some of my themes were coming out like crap.... This helps a lot! Thanks hayden.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbenz View Post
    Hey guys,

Just finished making my theme for my 8310 and have it exported with the .alx and .cod file in a folder but when I click on the .alx file in my desktop manager i get this error "no additonal applications designed for your device were found"

Any idea's why i'm getting this error?

Greg
    Greg - if you are still needing help, you need to install the device operating system on your pc. Desktop manager needs to know for what device it needs to go and find files for -- match There is a sticky in the 8300 forum for the latest 8310 OS

kaiden1215 no está en línea Stack level 1

hello,
    can anyone tell me where to download a free version of photoshop software?

thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Try Gimp from SourceForge. it is an open source Raster format image editing application, similar to Adobe Photoshop. I don't know of any free versions of Adobe PS if that is what you are asking.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

pculver no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi - first of all, thanks for the great thread. I'm a newbie to BB's and I'm impressed with all of the help available for them. I'm having 2 issues with loading my themes onto my BB.
    1. On the last step of loading my theme (after creating it and exporting as a .alx file), I get an error in the Application Loader that says, "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again. Unspecified error encountered [J:0x0000000A]". Not sure what that means, but it won't complete the load.
    2. The .cod files can't be added to the Application Loader for loading. When I select both the .alx & the .cod files, I get a message that says, "Error in application information file "C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/BB/com_plazmic_theme_trial_3.cod": There is an XML syntax error on line 1."
    3. PLEASE HELP!!! I'm a Plazmic junkie now and never had ONE theme work properly...I need my fix, man!!!!!!
    4. Thanks again for your help.

helloi am currently workin on building my theme.."yeS!! I FINALLY GOT EVERYTHING DL!!!" but when doing it i am using the plazmic 4.1. now this is for my curve 8320.
    So my questions are: for one how do i get the main screen to show as a list instead of all the icons and then when u press menu u get all the icons (like cherrido pinkskulls theme)

Question 2: how do i get the flying when off the top of the screen that shows on the 8700 default?

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden1215 View Post
    helloi am currently workin on building my theme.."yeS!! I FINALLY GOT EVERYTHING DL!!!" but when doing it i am using the plazmic 4.1. now this is for my curve 8320.
    So my questions are: for one how do i get the main screen to show as a list instead of all the icons and then when u press menu u get all the icons (like cherrido pinkskulls theme)

Question 2: how do i get the flying when off the top of the screen that shows on the 8700 default?
    While you can use themes produced for the 8700 in 4.1, on the 83xx, you'll get much better results with the latest version.

As to the flying wings, you can get rid of them by using a clear banner image instead of the stock one. This will not change the strength meters as that is not possible with 4.1 but will get rid of the wings themselves.

I really suggest taking the time to download and install the updated Development programs.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by pculver View Post
    Hi - first of all, thanks for the great thread. I'm a newbie to BB's and I'm impressed with all of the help available for them. I'm having 2 issues with loading my themes onto my BB.
    1. On the last step of loading my theme (after creating it and exporting as a .alx file), I get an error in the Application Loader that says, "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again. Unspecified error encountered [J:0x0000000A]". Not sure what that means, but it won't complete the load.
    2. The .cod files can't be added to the Application Loader for loading. When I select both the .alx & the .cod files, I get a message that says, "Error in application information file "C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/BB/com_plazmic_theme_trial_3.cod": There is an XML syntax error on line 1."
    3. PLEASE HELP!!! I'm a Plazmic junkie now and never had ONE theme work properly...I need my fix, man!!!!!!
    4. Thanks again for your help.
    Don't know what is causing the error, but for the cod files, they are not meant clicked on in DM App loader Add feature. DM is looking only for alx files. It is the alx file that directs which cod file is loaded by DM.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr View Post
    While you can use themes produced for the 8700 in 4.1, on the 83xx, you'll get much better results with the latest version.

As to the flying wings, you can get rid of them by using a clear banner image instead of the stock one. This will not change the strength meters as that is not possible with 4.1 but will get rid of the wings themselves.

I really suggest taking the time to download and install the updated Development programs.

Rcbjr.
    OK i am downloading the last one now...so it half way done. now another question. when editing the file or what not in gimp can u help me with the pixel sizes (ie: background=240x16, icons=45x12) hope that makes since. Also u said i need to make a clear banner. do i do this in gimp? And one last question..i keep seeing alot of thread askin about transparency..is transparency what the guy did with the hello kitty theme..by having the kitty able to roll over the icons?

THANKS! sorry for so many questions. Im NEWBIE to all of this blackberry stuff.
    but i am so already addictec.

pculver no está en línea Stack level 1

So, don't add the cod file? I thought you were supposed to add both... Thanks for the help

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden1215 View Post
    OK i am downloading the last one now...so it half way done. now another question. when editing the file or what not in gimp can u help me with the pixel sizes (ie: background=240x16, icons=45x12) hope that makes since. Also u said i need to make a clear banner. do i do this in gimp? And one last question..i keep seeing alot of thread askin about transparency..is transparency what the guy did with the hello kitty theme..by having the kitty able to roll over the icons?

THANKS! sorry for so many questions. Im NEWBIE to all of this blackberry stuff.
    but i am so already addictec.
    For the image sizes, check out the Theme Builder Users Guide in the Docs Folder under the Plazmic install location. there is a really detailed chart in there that shows them all for each theme on each device.

Yes you can make the clear banner in GIMP.

Transparency or opacity controls the amount of background that show through the icons.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer