Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

yeah Cherri, it's in apps, and i changed the permissions to allow, custom and allow, ... Software & Theme Development forum

LSUfan no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

Advertisement

yeah Cherri, it's in apps, and i changed the permissions to allow, custom and allow, but I still don't see it in the themes option. It has also happened a few times before when I've downloaded a few themes from this site, unzipped the file and then used the DM to transfer the .alx file and then it won't show up in the themes. But some of them do show up. So it seems like I got a 50/50 shot every time I transfer a new theme.

I also put this entry in on another thread:

I have been having problems getting my new created theme as well as downloaded themes to show up in the "theme" option. I have tried everything i've read in these threads and nothing works. I did eventually go to options/advanced/applications/ and tried to view properties on the blackberry 4.2 core applications and received an error message: Uncaught exception: java.lang.illegalArgumentException. Has anyone else received this message. I have a feeling this may be one of my problems. Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated. (I have the pearl 8100 v4.2.0.71).

I tried restoring a backup from June, but i still have the same problem.

Thanks for all your help!
    (I refuse to give up on this!)
    Last edited by LSUfan; 09-01-2007 at 04:39 PM.

Hmmm..now, when i go and check the core applications the theme reader file is there but it is still the version 1.1.0.14. Should I leave it alone? I still can't see the themes under the theme option but it is in the applications menu. I have been reading up on upgrading from my version(v4.2.0.71) but I have read about a lot problems with doing that. Starting to feel like the only way to get this thing back to normal is to wipe it(don't know how to do) and re-install original software(also, don't know how to do). I have backups from June and one from yesterday, just in case. I have tried reading the threads to fix the problem and think I'm making it worse with each new thing I try. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Delete the theme reader that is .14 then reload the OS. that should work.

Thanks for the reply! I was wondering how I reload the OS. Is it on the CD that came with the BB? should I upgrade to a newer version? I ask because I have removed it before(without reloading the OS) and it didn't solve the problem.

ajallen no está en línea Stack level 1

new to all this and am trying to use plazmic to build themes for my new 8703e sprint bb. have a couple questions.
    1 is it posible to edit a theme already downloaded as axl or the cod file?
    2 are there diferences between "8700" series and the "8703e" that would mabey require diferent versions of ptb or jde?

ajallen,

1. I've read in previous posts that you can't modify .axl files, only ones you have created in your theme builder.

2. Sorry, i really don't know the answer to that one.

big help, right? sorry. But the good thing about pinstack is that you will get the help you need. The moderators are great and very helpful.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

LSUfan, here are two links that might help you get the theme reader installed as part of your software core Apps. Once you delete the theme reader, you have to reload the Core Apps package (OS).

BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

How to: OS 4.x Upgrade for your Blackberry

ajallen, I'm pretty sure that the 8700 & 8703 Can use the same themes, but you need to make sure the theme was not created for a later handheld Software package than what your BB is running.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks anyway. i had d/l some themes earlier, and now that i have plazmic aparently working, wanted to fix a couple errors i spoted in them if possible. oh well. reason for second question was found updated rim simulator that specifically includes 8703e. so wondered if a higher plazmic (i am running 1.1.0.14) might be better.

have thought of another question. once the themes are installed on bb, how can you delete some fo them to save some room/memory? havent noticed any delete, just activate or close. thanks again. also, what are "zen" icons and/or themes? are they compatible with 8703?
    Last edited by ajallen; 09-01-2007 at 11:34 PM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by ajallen
    thanks anyway. i had d/l some themes earlier, and now that i have plazmic aparently working, wanted to fix a couple errors i spoted in them if possible. oh well. reason for second question was found updated rim simulator that specifically includes 8703e. so wondered if a higher plazmic (i am running 1.1.0.14) might be better.
    RIM Simulators are not just for themes. As a matter of fact they are more usefull for other types of porgraminng testing. I would move to the latest Plazmic Release just because it has more base themes (Today) and you can export for later OS versions if you decide to update your 8703 if 4.2 is available.

Quote Originally Posted by ajallen
    have thought of another question. once the themes are installed on bb, how can you delete some fo them to save some room/memory? havent noticed any delete, just activate or close. thanks again. also, what are "zen" icons and/or themes? are they compatible with 8703?
    You can only delete non active and Custom themes from the BB, not the default Vendor themes. The former must be done from the Options/Advanced Options/Applications Screen, and the latter by editing the Blackberry.alx file. but be very careful on the latter, if you delete them all you will mess up your blackberry.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

thanks. so i can update to latest ver plazmic without being at 4.2 OS already? cool!! thought it was not backwards compatible. will try. will i also need to change any java stuff?

Anyone know where can d/l banner icons? looking for the ones that show up using the "insight" themes built into 8703e.
    Last edited by ajallen; 09-02-2007 at 06:53 PM.

but be very careful on the latter, if you delete them all you will mess up your blackberry.
    As a matter of fact, I recommend making a backup copy of blackberry.alx before you do any messing around with it! Then if a mistake is made, it's a simple fix.

newmember no está en línea Stack level 1

it told me Unable to write the theme to the specified output location.

what do i do?
    Last edited by newmember; 09-04-2007 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Automerged.

jacrestA no está en línea Stack level 1

I am currently building a theme and i would like to change the dialogue icons but i only want to change the background blue color to a different color. How can i do that? I dont want to replace the entire icon with something new, just exchange the backgroud color. Anyone know how?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jacrest - you need to pull the samples out of the plazmic catalog and recolor them in a program like photoshop or gimp.