Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

I can't seem to find icon dimensions for 8100, can anyone point me? tia... Software & Theme Development forum

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

Advertisement

I can't seem to find icon dimensions for 8100, can anyone point me? tia
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Look in the file path that the installer created for the plazmic CDK. You'll find a folder called Docs. In there is a file, themeBuilder users guide. It has all the different sizes. They icon sizes are different for the icon and Zen based themes.

And if you right click on the icon area in theme builder and select properties it will show the size.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Kool, Rcbjr, Thats even better
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

GotAudi no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

I can only use Plazmic 4.1 to create a theme for my 8700c even though my handheld software is version 4.2.1.96? Sorry, I've only had my BB for about two weeks...just trying to get my facts straight before I continue trying to create my own theme. I made one last night and everything looked good but when I uploaded it on my BB there were yellow highlights behind the icons...from what I've read there isn't an option to change that with PTB 4.1? Right? Thanks so much!

StevenInSTL no está en línea Stack level 3

you are correct... until plazmic comes out with a new version for all the BB's 4.1 is the only version to make themes for the 8700

biketcher no está en línea Stack level 1

I haven't seen an answer regarding the question about making icons transparent when not highlighted. Moving my icons below the main screen is not the goal, so it is not an option for me. I want transparent icons because it looks cool. Does anyone know how to create these? Pleeeezzz..

jj10174 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got my first BB (VZW 8830), and I would like to customize the Dimension Today theme, is this posable? I know this question was asked back in August 2006, but I was wondering if anything change in the new verison of Plazmic.

jacksonaxe no está en línea Stack level 1

anyone know ho to make icons?

DWCurt no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24F7833C

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonaxe
    anyone know ho to make icons?
    Dont know if this will help, however I am having a lot of luck with photoshop and my scanner (own drawings/pictures, so you dont have to worry about copyrights!) The program makes it easy to resize and all. I am still new with the biz but I'm getting better.

zookeeper24 no está en línea Stack level 1

I use a combo of Photoshop, Illustrator, and a plugin for Photoshop called Knockout 2. Knockout allows you to literally 'knockout' an image from another image leaving you a pretty clean image from whatever you're cutting out from. Easier I think than using the selection tool in Photoshop. After that its all about tweaking the pixels and dimensions depending on the icon size needed. Illustrator is great for creating your own stuff since it uses vector graphics and is easy (to me anyways ) to manipulate objects. I know this isn't too technical but I hope this helps.

Rajkumar no está en línea Stack level 1

Can we give link to Plazmic Theme or image

Can I create animation using image ? Can give link to the image means if i click on image it atomatically goes to the given link ? Can I give browser link to the image if yes then how ?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Do you mean create an Icon for a link to open your browser to a given website? Not using the Theme Builder, but there is a third party application that allows that. Check the 3rd Party Software Forum.

Rcbjr
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 07-18-2007 at 10:51 AM.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

luiggity no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    202de880

you have to have a jde 4.2.0 tho to do this, no?? whenever i go to blackberry to download it, it prompts me to register and lgin, so ido, then it forgets my login info.... soi re register, and it says i am already registered!! anywhere else i can download the JDE 4.2.0 thingy withot logging in anywere??

fang313 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Plazmic Theme Creation Walkthrough

Hello I just created my first theme, at least I think I did. I loaded it on to my phone with the desk to manager. The file name is not under themes nut it is listed in the Applications folder but I can do anything with it in there. What do I do , and what did I do wrong? Please help and thank you!

dencol7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C269E3

Hello Stackers!

First of all, I am into the theme builder (4.1) and JDE (4.2) and it is easy format where you can just insert (replace) original icons and backgrounds. I'm having problem where I get all done and extracted to .alx format (export) and wanted to feed it to my Sprint 8703e BB. Once it went thru, all of sudden the OS went out of whack! startup then restart in every 10 seconds. This is second time that happened to me when I "Thought" I got it made, but it went through the cycle just like the last time. Good thing that I had backed up those files before this experiment. I really want to get this through and move on with same proceedures. I'm not sure what went wrong since it had happen twice. (I HATE it when I have to restore and install 3rd party software all over again!). Maybe I am confused with versions between theme builder (4.1) and JDE (4.2)(I thought it is the "upgrade" version where JDE still remains to work with 8700. I do not want to do this experiment again so I thought about buying another cheap 8703e to use as a test dummy.) I will look into that. I have my preferences with themes that I want to have on my BB as well as sharing with Stackers friends. I really don't know what went wrong and would appreciated it very much to guide me into right direction. I have so many ideas of develop different themes that I KNOW people out there would love to have. I am open with suggesstions, criticism and/or some guide to right direction. You all Stackers are welcome to leave comments (good or bad) so I can start again and try it again. The most common sense is: You MUST fail in order to be successful! Every successful goals had come from failures.
    I hope this is the right thread to comment that I had encountered recently.
    Thanks!
    Dencol7
    Sprint User
    BB 8703e
    version 4.10.384 (platform 2.2.0.182)
    This version is the latest version via sprint's specification provided.
    Last edited by dencol7; 07-27-2007 at 10:37 AM.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast