Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Getting Started BlackBerry users running version 4.1 or later of the BlackBerry Device Software can ... Software & Theme Development forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Plazmic theme builder - Getting Started

Advertisement

Getting Started

BlackBerry users running version 4.1 or later of the BlackBerry Device Software can use themes to change the basic look and feel of BlackBerry applications. You can use the Theme Builder application to create custom themes.

To create a new theme project, you first select a base theme to use as your starting point (you have Dimension Icon, Today and Zen style templates to choose from). You can then modify this base theme to create your own custom theme, by changing background images, modifying color schemes, or changing fonts.

Working with Theme Builder projects
    When creating a new theme project, you must first select the appropriate base theme. Different models have different screen sizes and therefore require images of different sizes. You cannot, therefore, create a theme from the BlackBerry 8100 Series base theme and use it on the BlackBerry 8800 Series device.

In general, there are three styles of base themes, defined by the layout of the Home Screen:
    • In icon themes, BlackBerry applications are represented by icons and organized in a grid layout. All BlackBerry
    devices support icon themes.
    • In zen themes, BlackBerry *top 5 USER defined* applications are organized in a vertical row on the left hand side of the home screen
    • In today themes, Blackberry applications appear on the homescreen in a listed type format, with 'sneak peaks' of messages, missed calls and upcoming meetings/calendar events

Plazmic CDK 4.2.2 supports 7100, 8100, 8300, 8800 and 8700 series Blackberry. Your new theme is then built upon the framework of the base theme you choose. You cannot, therefore, create a list theme from an icon base theme.

You can save a project at any time and reopen it later to continue theme development.

Tip: To create a consistent look and feel across multiple theme projects, store your reusable images, tiled image definitions, and colors in the Theme Builder Catalog.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 03-02-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: edited for updated content

ezun no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20e69c1d

Re: Plazmic theme builder - Getting Started

Hi Hydn, I really want to get into this theme building thing, but don't want to start from scratch. Is there a way to 'upload' a current theme to Plazmic so I can just change the things I want to change. Or Better yet, upload the themes that I have to Plazmic, save the parts of the theme that interest me, and then combine or reuse those pieces later?

ozrial no está en línea BB Themes Guru
    PIN/ID
    Ask

If anyone needs help getting this setup on their PC (or using it for that matter), hit me with a PM or a PIN and I will be more than happy to assist in any way I can.
    ...:: OZ ::...
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by ezun
    Hi - Thanks for the bit of proding to get me to do the personal message. So, I'm trying to get this going and I've been able to load everything perfectly fine (software). But now I want to start loading up some themes that I've seen (Gunmetal, Brushedmetal) into plazmic and tweak them a bit more.
    Well I will be more than happy to help you to learn to use the program. I am sorry though I do not know of any way to "upload" a theme into plazmic unless you have the .thm file from which it was created. In other words when you start from scratch and make a theme - it will save as a .thm file. I have the Gunmetal .thm file of course because I made it, but I won't lie and do apologize I don't give those out. The other one was created by Megabit, and I am not sure but I think i remember him denying a request to give his out as well. I am more than happy to share my themes with anyone and even teach how to create new ones in hopes they will be shared with the group as well. Those took ALOT of time to track down those images and make icons out of them and then build and test the theme also. Besides, I think I would have to give you all of my icons as well as the .thm files and I may decide to make those available someday, but I cannot bare to part with them, if you will, at this time. I can tell you that I found all of the images by way of going to Google, clicking on images and just doing a search. Now there is a guy out there who did share all of his icons for anyone to use and I will be more than happy to pass those along to you to help you get going. Just hit me with your email addy and I will shoot them over. I used the icons and images provided with the Plazmic software at first to play with it and make sure I was understanding how it works correctly. They included the default theme files for each supported model as well as one additional icon set all within the folder that Plazmic is installed within. Also, I am writing a "how to" for using plazmic and building themes that hopefully will be posted soon with a SLEW of good info for building themes and avoiding mistakes. I look forward to hearing back from you and eventually trying your themes on my BB
    "Marriage is like sitting in a bathtub, once you get used to it - its not so hot"

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2

Question? I'm more interested in making a complete custom them then just swapping out graphics. for reference like the overlord theme posted on mobile.blackberry.com any ideas?

PIN/ID
    Ask

Plazmic is fairly rigid in its design abilities. It gives you the chance to create a custom theme, but not to customize every single aspect of a theme to make it 100% original as if completely from scratch. I am not on BES and therefore that stupid mobile blackberry site tells me my handset is not supported (GRRRRR a major frustration to me, but I will not go into that rant). At any rate, the answer to your query is that you may be able to, but not with existing software for theme creation.

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2

you should be able to get to the site regardless if your not on BES! try resending your service book and internet service book. you should have two browsers after which you should be able to go to mobile blackberry site from your hand held

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I'm not on a BES either and I have gotten themes from it. But what I DO wanna do is recreate the 7730 icon theme for my 7100t or my 7105t in case I finally break down and decide to sell my 7730 lol And maybe a Houston Texans NFL theme

PIN/ID
    Ask

Yeh it has never worked with either of the browsers on my phone. I have the standard and wap browsers. The site requires the BB browser and the only way I can get that one is to be on BES according to my providers Tier 2 Data Department. I work for my provider in the call center and everyone it seems has a BB at work. The Tier 2 guys who have BES are the only ones who can get into that site with our phones and our service. I do not know why and sadly neither do they. Hopefully I can just talk the powers that be into getting me on BES =).

zacksogen no está en línea Stack level 1

can somebody help me how to work out my plazmic theme reader for my 7100g
    -zacksogen@yahoo.com

Prince_Venom no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey
    which theme would the 7780 model use??
    If im right it should be the 7200

ameilius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DDD916

i dont think tmo makes you do that... i didnt have to do anything besides call them, add the unlimited service.... and wah-lah - the bes icon poofed

ricoskywalke no está en línea Stack level 1

hi. i know how to mke themes as well. but i really don't know how to resize pic's. on photoshop. i've made a 800x600 to 320x240 as well but if i save in .png the size is too big. what can i do?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

ricoskywalke, Welcome to PinStack.

To save the images for theme builder with photoshop, use the File/Save For Web command. Then set it for PNG-8 and click on the round arrow button to the right of the preset pulldown box. Click on optimize file size and enter 60 K in the size box and make sure that "Start with Current Settings" is checked. This will save your file just smaller than 60 Kbytes.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ricoskywalke no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Plazmic theme builder - Getting Started

is working! tanks!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast