Hi All, This isn't the run'o'the'mill Export not working post. Originally, I had the problem ... Software & Theme Development forum

d0nkey no está en línea Stack level 1

Plazmic Export Not Working...

Advertisement

Hi All,

This isn't the run'o'the'mill Export not working post. Originally, I had the problem with the 60 KB picture limit, so I know Export is trying to do something. Now, the images have been reduced in size and no errors are thrown, but there are no resulting .ALX or .JAD files where ever I try to export them to. I have tried other people's .THM files, the samples that come from the Plazmic web site and my own, which I just built, but no luck. I have done searches and have made sure all hidden files are shown, but no luck. When I click Export, I see the CPU jump for a few seconds and it even creates a new directory when the one I am using does not exist. But, still no .ALX file.

Windows 2K Pro.

Help please?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Plazmic Export Not Working...

Do you have Adminstrative privilages on your machine? That could cause the save as delima?

Another thought? Try naming the new theme something simple.

theme1 or test1. Sometimes certain names or charaters being used will cause that.
    Last edited by srl7741; 01-11-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I do have administrative access on the machine and have also tried multiple naming conventions to multiple locations. Could it be something with the compiler not installed correctly? I really have no idea...I know Windows, but not much about Java or its components. I am hoping someone has seen this before and knows the workaround. I am getting to the point where I just want to send me .THM to someone to compile.

Regards,

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

d0nkey, I have this problem with Theme Builder, any time I try to run it from any account on my machine, other than the one I used to install it. Doesn't matter if I change my privs or not. Running the export from the account used to install never fails. Don't know if this will help you but that's just how mine works.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hi,

I'm using the same account I installed the software with. You may be onto something though. Knowing what I know about Windows profiles (roaming, no less), it wouldn't surprise me that they were the problem. Having said that, I guess I could log on using the local administrator account and try it. Even though I installed the software using an user account that is in the Administrator group, there may be some funky policy causing some issues. I could look at regmon if I really wanted to stress on this, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't some Java thing first.

I appreciate everyone's help so far.

D0nkey

breadmj no está en línea Stack level 1

I am having this same problem too. XP pro, local admin account still doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

breadmj, Welcome to PinStack.

No other ideas if you are having the same problem.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to

help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ChrisToohey no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by breadmj
    I am having this same problem too. XP pro, local admin account still doesn't work. Any other ideas?
    Same here... running XP Pro, local admin, and I get the following error:

"... Unable to write the theme to the specified output location..."

Checked permissions, have 4.1 and 4.2 installed on the same machine but I doubt THAT's the issue (was getting this error with just 4.2 installed on the same machine).

Much frustration with my first attempt at any RIM-arena "development" -- thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Jonnn21 no está en línea Stack level 2

SOMEONE has got to know this