I'm pretty proficient on using theme builder, but I want a little more control...I understant ... Software & Theme Development forum

whitemencanjump no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Plazmic Composer Help

Advertisement

I'm pretty proficient on using theme builder, but I want a little more control...I understant that Composer will give me what I need. Does anyone know of a guide of some sort, or can maybe point me in the right direction on how to use composer? I'd greatly appriciate it...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Plazmic Composer Help

what exactly are you trying to do with composer?

have you check plazmic.com for any pdf files on composer? or just the help file itself? ive never used it. what's it supposed to do for you?

whitemencanjump no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Thanks for a quick response...I would like to customize some certain aspects of the themes that builder wont let you play with...like making a t-mo zen style theme (icons on the bottom), among other things. I am just curious if anyone has used it before or knows of a more in depth guide anywhere. The pdf that came with it is kind of vague...

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

according to a contact at Plazmic, those tools to design that sort of theme are not available to the public. Maybe its time we programmed our own tools.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

I stumbled around a few sites and read a bit about attempts at reverse engineering .cod files, which of course might provide a glimpse into how vendor themes are set up. I personally admire Cingular, T-Mo and Voda for making things pretty unique, and not just slapping a different wallpaper into the BB Dimension themes (like Sprint and Verizon seem to have - though I admit I cannot get those themes loaded on my T-Mo 8800, so I could be wrong). I've putzed around creating more custom icons to mimic the Voda Today theme, but there are tons of subtle changes, like the icons in the banner of Browser, the fact that there are just 5 icons across the screen instead of 6 (that mihgt just be a function of icon sizes, I haven't really messed around with that yet), and several others. Anyway, I agree - I think Composer has some secrets hiding in it, I just haven't rooted around enough in there.

rw5579 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by wu-wei
    I stumbled around a few sites and read a bit about attempts at reverse engineering .cod files, which of course might provide a glimpse into how vendor themes are set up. I personally admire Cingular, T-Mo and Voda for making things pretty unique, and not just slapping a different wallpaper into the BB Dimension themes (like Sprint and Verizon seem to have - though I admit I cannot get those themes loaded on my T-Mo 8800, so I could be wrong). I've putzed around creating more custom icons to mimic the Voda Today theme, but there are tons of subtle changes, like the icons in the banner of Browser, the fact that there are just 5 icons across the screen instead of 6 (that mihgt just be a function of icon sizes, I haven't really messed around with that yet), and several others. Anyway, I agree - I think Composer has some secrets hiding in it, I just haven't rooted around enough in there.
    would be interested to read up on modding those COD files, any links to articles you would recommend?

thanks in advance

HappyCowboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    What is plazmic composer used for? I read the documenation but not sure what it is used for.