This may sound strange but here it goes. In Plasmic 4.6 you can set 3 ... Software & Theme Development forum

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3

Plasmic gurus, how can I lock a wallpaper from change?

Advertisement

This may sound strange but here it goes.
    In Plasmic 4.6 you can set 3 different wallpapers (homescreen, application, lock).
    You know on the out of the box Precision themes if you change the homescreen wallpaper
    (on the devide itself) the lock wall changes with it but the application wall stays default.

How can I achieve the same effect in my theme design?

I tried to assign 2 different images to homescreen and application but when I install
    It to the BB and then change the homescreen wallpaper the application one (that was different before) now becomes
    The same as the new homescreen.

Does anyone know how they achieved this "prevent wallpaper change" effect in the out of the box theme?

Thanks!
    Ix

JakeHasABB no está en línea Stack level 2
    Leave it default picture for your lock screen back ground. It will show up as the default background but when you load it on your phone, it should be whatever your background is.

ixtab no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks Jake, but I am actually looking to have the application and lock screens wallpapers to stay the same and *not* change when I change the homescreen screen's wallpaper.
    I hope it makes sense.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

micjenks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    You should be able to accomplish this if your application wall back drop does not match your homescreen wallpaper. I.E. New wallpaper for home screen, different wallpaper for the icon wall, leave the lock screen as default.

KJinTexas no está en línea Stack level 2
    ixtab - I know what you mean - I think this is a bug in the 4.6 builder, I have not been able to resolve this issue.

Again, I think it's an oversight on Plazmic's part.

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Just throwing it out there. But why not just use the wall paper you want in the theme when you build it. That way you don't have to change any thing. Dunno that's just me though....~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

matte119 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Those of us that publish our themes like to keep some parts of it intact. People that download our themes may want to be able to change the home screen image without changing the application screen. There are themes out there that exist with this option. I'll get the answer and post it here.
    Last edited by matte119; 01-14-2009 at 03:48 AM.

matte119 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the answer sort of... (this only applies to themes for the 9000)

The trick is to not change the wallpapers on the home and app screen at all. If you want a custom lock screen or call screen then change that. If you change the other two walls at all it will deactivate the setting to keep the app screen different. So that means the blue app screen wallpaper is "lockable" as long as you don't change the home screen wall in plazmic. Just do it on your phone.

If you have created a theme in plazmic already that you wanted the blue app screen to be locked you will have to recreate it from scratch and name the file a different name to make it work on the phone.
    Last edited by matte119; 01-14-2009 at 04:04 PM.