Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello Everyone, I am new to the site and to Blackberry. I love my 7100i ... Software & Theme Development forum

dssfaxman no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    40116A39

Question Over 60k but why???

Advertisement

Hello Everyone, I am new to the site and to Blackberry. I love my 7100i and I am sure that it will do so much more than I have used it for. I do need some help and I have not been able to find an answer anywhere on this site. I am trying to make my own theme but I continue to have a frustrating problem. I keep getting the over 60k error for my home screen and my incoming call screen. I know that my image must be under 60k and in png format and both of these are true but once I save the image to my theme here comes the error. I also have my image the correct dimension for these locations. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I thought it might be my software (PhotoFiltre) so I am trying to learn Photoshop to see if this corrects anything.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Over 60k but why???

Welcome to pinstack.com. Switch them to gif and you will be fine.
    Last edited by cp6169; 09-10-2006 at 11:22 PM.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Welcome

PIN/ID
    40116A39

I start them out as jpeg and then my last step is to convert them to png so that I know they are under the 60k limit. I still get the error. I have tried many things before I asked the question because I figured would have a simple answer.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Convert them to gif them load them in Plazmic Theme Builder. Do not load them as a png.
    Last edited by cp6169; 09-10-2006 at 11:22 PM.

You may not find an answer tonight. We are pretty slow on Sundays. You may want to bump this thread back up tomorrow. Im sure someone will have an answer for you then. And there will be a lot more people using the forum.

Another option is you can look at our themes section and talk to some of the others who have made themes. CP6169 has made themes as well SRL7741. Those are 2 places you could start for help.

Hahahahaha! Chris must have posted as I was typeing.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

sgtswife no está en línea Stack level 1

I'm having the same problem and I'm saving them as jpeg. It says it is the homescreen picture but I sized it down to 9kb and still get the same error.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

dssfaxman, you must make sure that they are less than 60kB. I would use the Save for Web feature on the File menu in Photoshop. Open the jpeg in photoshop, and if necessary change the image size to the correct dimensions, then open the file menu and select save for web. It will open a new screen with two images the original and what the saved file will look like. Select png-8 and if the file size below the save image is greater than 60K change click on the button by the preset pulldown box. You will get an option to optimize file size open the box and put 60 in the desired file size and click current settings as the Start With option. Now hit OK and it will start the save process

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    3056468b

LOL, I want to apologize, I totally meant gif. Im tired, and Rich brought this to my attention. Save to gif and you will be fine.

PIN/ID
    40116A39

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i will try this tomorrow. Thanks

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~actually from what I have found the background has to be a png file no matter what format it is if it is anything else I always get that 60k error.

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Im actually the opposite pentace. I cant get a png to work, lol. Wonder what srl has to say bout this.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

I never use png's i always use .gif's and let the software when saving the theme convert it to .png for me. But to back up just a bit? I start with the highest quality image i can (depending on what's available) lets use a .jpg image at 1600x1200 res. (as an example) reduce that down to 320x240 then drag it over to my empty 240x260 canvas and size it to look it's best on the 7100 series window. Then i save it just as Rcbjr mentioned. I save it as a web safe .gif. Insert the image (.gif) into theme builder and let the software convert it back to .png when i export/save it.
    Every now and then i run into an issue and have to find another way but very rarely does it throw that 60k error message back at me. Out of 1,000 themes maybe 3 or 4 times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast