I'm wondering if there are any on-board programming languages for the BlackBerry, like SmallBASIC on ... Software & Theme Development forum

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA

Onboard programming for BlackBerry

Advertisement

I'm wondering if there are any on-board programming languages for the BlackBerry, like SmallBASIC on the Palm. I'd like something BASIC-based, but I don't mind learning something new.

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    negative. The only programming language available for blackberry is Java.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    Someone could write an interpreter, and I think that is what he is asking about.

I haven't heard about any such programs for the BlackBerry. I was thinking about porting a Lisp or Scheme interpreter -- since S-exp languages tend to be pretty simple to process (couple of hundred lines of Java), but I have no time for that.

You could try expanding your search to MIDP/CLDC applications, since most of those will run on a BlackBerry.

funkym no está en línea Stack level 3
    The BlackBerry programming interface is quite advanced and you can do a lot of things with it. There seems to be not really the need of another one.

Moreover, it is part of the security architecture and design of the BlackBerry. Business users must be sure the data on their BlackBerry is secure

ConstantineXVI no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244EB7DA
    In this instance, I could care less how advanced the BB's APIs are, they mean nothing when you don't have access to a PC.
    What I'm looking for is a simple language, implemented in either MIDP or the BB API, that can be written, interpreted/compiled, and run, all from the BlackBerry itself, without a PC. The only thing I've found that's even close is called Hecl, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually use it. Hence, I am looking for other options.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've done some searching for you, and I managed to find a J2ME BASIC interpreter. Sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

http://cellbasic.sourceforge.net/

robertm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does it worth the hassle?
    I am a programmer myself ... and developing some serious application is really out of the question, to be done on any device.

psionfenix no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31c637d4
    I used to have c# and C++ for PPC on my mogul, I kept them "synced" so that if i thought of something while away from a pc, i could add it in real quick (usually commented out to fix it up later) and saved myself many a hassle. I get ideas or figure something out usually while sitting at work. You know, for those "OH YEAAAAAAH" moments.

robertm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Oh ... I am having those moments aswell.
    Besides taking notes there isn't any solution, I'm afraid.

ashain_boy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Is there anything with basic C? I am in school and I could use something like this ...
    Or maybe something for python programming?