You know that term, Once you pop, you just can't stop??? I think I understand ... Software & Theme Development forum

JadedBerry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    203B4165

Oh The ADDICTION

Advertisement

You know that term, Once you pop, you just can't stop??? I think I understand now. Here (hopefully) is the one I'm messing/testing now. I think I need a pill. Xanax..sumfing... sigh...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Oh The ADDICTION

Lookin' good! Do I see you using words for your icons? I was in the middle of creating a theme that had all words instead of pictures, but I could not get the words to align properly, so I quit. I have seen a couple out there but didnt please me.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Hey Jade, Looks good. Keep it up.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    203B4165

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Lookin' good! Do I see you using words for your icons? I was in the middle of creating a theme that had all words instead of pictures, but I could not get the words to align properly, so I quit. I have seen a couple out there but didnt please me.
    Yes, I did use words. I set my font to "fill" no outline, atialias. Then I went back over it, pixel by pixel with a color exactly one shade darker on the edges... seems to work for text, but having a few problems doing it for symbols. Still working on it however. I actually like the idea of using words, b/c it allows me to be funny.. well, i amuse myself anyway. lol.

Oh, and one more thing, i don't know what program you use, but I am using Corel's PSP - X .. To get my words to align I set my text tool to create as vector, and along the bottom it shows the elevation of angle plus the center of gravity. To center on the tile, promote to layer, copy, cut, paste as new layer. Puts it right in the center of the tile.

And thanks both of you
    One out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

So are you taking requests yet JB?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

The way I do it is by creating a new bitmap image and using the text box writing the word I want at 96 font size. Then using photoshop erase the background and resize the image to the correct size. I just tried it again and it seems to work fine, but dont appear too legible. Ill try a little later see what happens.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

I cant wait till my laptop is fixed so I can start making themes.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

option94 no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ looks good. Keep 'em coming.

PIN/ID
    203B4165

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    The way I do it is by creating a new bitmap image and using the text box writing the word I want at 96 font size. Then using photoshop erase the background and resize the image to the correct size. I just tried it again and it seems to work fine, but dont appear too legible. Ill try a little later see what happens.
    Doesn't photoshop have a .jpg/.gif/.png optimizer? If you create your image, then use the optimizer, it should clear out what's not needed. plus reduce the file size.

Jade

PIN/ID
    3056468b