Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know you are probably wondering what the heck about the title. What I am ... Software & Theme Development forum

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.

No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Advertisement

I know you are probably wondering what the heck about the title. What I am addressing is everyone who makes themes should now start venturing into using composer to add more sweetness to their themes. We are at a time where we have hit the wall on advancements for themes, it is now time to jump over that wall and proceed forward. I propose an idea, everyone creating a theme should halt for the moment, the blackberry is not going anywhere, learn composer then start adding custom designed composer docks/icons. We are a community, If we run this idea properly we can easily dominate the entire blackberry world. Look at the amount of users we have visiting this place everyday? Two heads are better than one, a thousand heads are definately better than one hundred. So whats stopping us from advancements? We have the tools, we have the community, we can all read. What is our excuse? If we don't put time into it then we will never learn. No sacrifice, no victory. right? Lets do it!
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    For Sparta

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Pinpoint, the stacks tip their hats to you for your next-level theme development and your willingness to share how you do what you do.

For some, a new program or application such as composer is an entirely different language. Im basically ready to jump to the next level of theme building but for someone who started off making themes just to change fonts, this could be time consuming. Though in the end Im sure it'll be the best pat on the back Ive ever given myself. It starts with the will and graduates to patience, so with that said, Ill see what I can do

irombeach no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm with you!!!
    Let's learn Composer!!!

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeslash View Post
    For Sparta
    Hahahahha no comment hhahahahah lol

Anywayz, Yes we should take it to the next level. I can join but i will not learn compose until someone teaches me the basics of it (coz this is like chinese to me). However im advanced in Photoshop Cs3, and my best friend is an expert with it. Me and him can make rly cool banners, menus wallpapers that fill the icon layout and so on. So you can count me in into this whole Next gen theme makin
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You know ecruz0102, dr. Devious, and I learned composer by reading and messing around in it. If you can use photoshop 7,CS2,CS3 then there is no way you cannot learn composer! Practice, read(user guides), play!

brondonnelly200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    Yes I agree with pinpoint. "READ THE MANUAL" lol. Believe it or not, you can learn a lot just by skimming it over.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    I'm in, Just downloaded the new CDK, ill start learning it. Best way to learn is experience! I'm gonna yet an animated theme first, ill post how it went.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

I created my first theme. Once I am able to post it, my next task will be to learn to make custom icons from scratch. THEN I will begin the advanced stuff.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Just created my first one, its for the 8220, someone tell me if it works. It has no point. Its all stock except I tried to animate the wallpaper.

Ok, here it is! Please 8220 users, let me know how it works!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dallas1125; 10-28-2008 at 11:04 PM.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I'm right there with you. I will try to make a theme with composer now that I have seen Pinpoints composer tutorial. I need to play around with it and see what I can come up with. I have never used photoshop though. Thanks Pinpoint!

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    I recommend GIMP, its free and it is a bit different from photoshop but does just as well. Once you pick one you need to stick with it though.

PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    Woogoo! Just got one to work! I can get the animation to work but I can't get it to repeat itself. I heard you gotta edit the .svg file. Anyone have ideas?

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas1125 View Post
    I recommend GIMP, its free and it is a bit different from photoshop but does just as well. Once you pick one you need to stick with it though.
    Photoshop is free too ^.-
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by cbeslash View Post
    For Sparta
    Beat me to it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast