I downloaded the Plasmic Package but it seems limiting, i enjoy its features, but i ... Software & Theme Development forum

Dren no está en línea Stack level 1

New to theme creation

Advertisement

I downloaded the Plasmic Package but it seems limiting, i enjoy its features, but i really want to be able to take my icons and put them at the bottom of the page, i really want to determine the layout of my icons, clock, etc. Can anyone point me to the right direction or maybe somthing i dont know about Plasmic?

amazonmud no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4006AEB2

Re: New to theme creation

you can move your icons layout anywhere bu clicking the dial and the half moon shape button on you keyboard then it will ask you to move the application or hide the aplication you just click move then you´ll be able to move it up or down the line .
    Hope this helps

Dren no está en línea Stack level 1

not what i was talking about sir, that still presents the same thing. I'm trying to create something beyond up and down, and never the less i really looking for a software better than or at least more versatile than plazmic

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Dren, Welcome to PinStack.

At the current time you can not do much of any thing with the Banner Indicators. And your not going to find anything better for the Blackberry. As a matter of fact, Plazmic is probably the only thing in this line that your going to find. They are the official Theme developers for RIM and have access to the APIs necessary to do the modifications you are trying to accomplish. Those APIs are not included in the PTB, nor are they available to the Public.

All that being said, they did not have to provide the Theme Builder as a free download so that we could play with what we can. We are all awaiting the next release of the PTB so we can do more with the Theme we build.

Hope this helps, And again Welcome.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

swoop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B99A7

So, to clarify, there is no way to create a theme with the JDE or any type of SDK for the Blackberry other than Plazmic? If that is the case - then bummer!!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I won't go so far as to say no way, but the do make it either very difficult or very expensive. Do you know of another Cell Phone system that provides a free App to do what the PTB does for Blackberry devices?

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles