I am currently in my Senior Year at College; futhermore, I am needing to find ... Software & Theme Development forum

cnc10 no está en línea Stack level 1

New Software Ideas

Advertisement

I am currently in my Senior Year at College; futhermore, I am needing to find a program to write for my capstone. I talked to my professor and he said that I could write a program for the Blackberry and it would count as my Capstone project. Therefore, I was wondering what kind of applications would be most beneficial to the normal Blackberry user? Also post what kind of features you would like to see in said program.

Thanks

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Check this post out that i recently created.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...e_request.html

Any questions ask me
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

ViSit0R no está en línea Stack level 3
    A wallpaper changer.

When display is turning off, it should change the homescreen image. When u hit a button and the display turns back on, it's actually there (there should be no delay when turning on the display, that's why the new image should be set after the display is turned off)

The app should choose a picture randomly out of a specified directory.

But I think this project is to small, though it would be a nice app
    Last edited by ViSit0R; 03-12-2008 at 03:41 PM.

BB4Ever

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    StudentBerry seems like a cool concept. Except it's $20 and most students won't wanna spend that kind of cash.
    Aside from that minor rant, I think a productivity app similar to that for the "everyday" person would be something that would fit into that mold.

Best of luck!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

jay_man33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301DFD64
    P.S. the "slide show" background seems like a pretty stellar idea too! It could pull pics/wallpapers from a specified file-- rock on!
    Best of Luck!

JM
    301DFD64

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    oh yeah and for my suggestion...it would be cool if it was made fully customizable when it comes to font style theme and all that...
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

cnc10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for all the ideas so far. I am sorry I didn't see that post about the notepad application. As for the slideshow application, I have to agree with ViSit0R. I don't think that application meets all the requirements of the capstone program; however, I love to program and I will see what I can come up with.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I am a nursing student who would love to see an app that let's you put in the description of a drug "three sides, orange, letter G printed on it" that will pull up the matches. This can also be used for police officers and emegency personelle who arrive on a scene and find a drug with no bottle around to tell them what it is.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'd like a software program that would allow the user to enter recipes and pictures onto their BB and it would update their blog or website.

~via BB Pearl (wap.pinstack.com)~

Swede no está en línea Stack level 3
    How about some software that will allow you to do more with your Micro SD card, run programs, etc...
    Swede