NetBeans Mobility Pack

The NetBeans Mobility Pack can be used to write, test, and debug applications for the Java Micro Edition platform (Java ME platform) technology-enabled mobile devices. It integrates support for the Mobile Information Device Profile (MIDP) 2.0, the Connected, Limited Device Configuration (CLDC) 1.1. You can easily integrate third-party emulators for a robust testing environment.
NetBeans Mobility Pack

More Info

Feature Highlights

• Visual Mobile Designer: Drag-and-drop objects into the Flow Designer, Screen Designer, and Action Editor to automatically generate java code for rapid development and prototyping
  • Wireless Connection Wizards: Easily access web services and other server-side date from MIDlets via servlets. Includes support for JSR-172
  • A solution for Device fragmentation: Develop your applications for multiple devices by adding and executing device-specific code as configurations within a single application
  • Configuration Support: User-defined Abilities allow flexibility when creating configuration specific code blocks. Also, you can use project templates to create a configuration once and use it in multiple projects
  • Deployment Options: Upload your MIDlets via WebDAV, FTP, and SCP from within the IDE
  • Project support, built on Apache Ant: Organize your MIDP source code and project metadata for easier coding and management. Projects also enable you to build your project outside the IDE
  • Integration with the J2ME Wireless Toolkit 2.2: The NetBeans Mobility Pack provides support for advance development features such as MIDlet signing, certificate management, integrated over-the-air (OTA0 emulation, push registry emulation, Wireless Messaging and Multimedia APIs, and WMA emulation features for SMS and CBS messages
  • Support for MIDP localization: Enables you to add locale-specific components to you application
  • Support for J2ME MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1 standards
  • Support for adding third party emulator platforms: Test your application on a variety of target device emulators by leading manufacturers
  • Integrated obfuscation and optimization support: Add security, improves performance, and optimizes the size of your application
  • Over-the-Air (OTA) Download Testing: The emulator simulates the behavior of real mobile devices