Results 1 to 12 of 12

so ive been using ohost and now im having issues with them. i cant access ... Software & Theme Development forum

  1. #1
    9of13's Avatar
    9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    1,105

    need OTA hosting

    Advertisement



    so ive been using ohost and now im having issues with them. i cant access the ftp page no longer and all of my themes there are gone. I need to find a new one (preferably free) and have access to uploading files myself. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I appreciate the offers from others to host for me but i need to be able to access it myself since im always making changes.
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

  2. #2
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730
    I know what you mean 9. That is one of the key reasons why I stopped making themes as a whole. 99.9% of people who are downloading themes onto their phones want ota links which makes it cumbersome for us to release themes because we get harassed about them not being ota'd. I said screw this and left theming because of that very same reason. Ohost was really great when it worked. I heard isp's provide you with a hosting service but I never really contacted my isp to inquire about this service. I know mine does (cablevisio aka optimum online) I'd say take a look into it when you get a chance or I'll see if I can find another host for your themes. It's either that or one of the other sites some people have been asking me to release my themes on. Good luck bro. I'll keep an eye out.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

  3. #3
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    I don't know of any free ones either.

    I always used Netfirms for mine and they were never down in the 5 years I hosted them on their servers.

    I agree with raton tho, ota is a high maintenance when your constantly making changes or adding new content. It gets difficult to stay afloat when it's a hobby. The customer support is a killer to. People can be rude.

    Anyway I will look around some and see if I can spot one or two.

  4. #4
    MotoUp's Avatar
    MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,360
    How much monthly bandwidth would you estimate you need. I have so much that i'm not using. I could give you FTP access to upload anything you wanted. If you want, send me a PM with your PIN and we can chat about it.

  5. #5
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882
    This is why I love this site always trying to help each other out
    Twitter? My Apps List

    Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

  6. #6
    rifraf2009's Avatar
    rifraf2009 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    684
    Me and my wife actually have our own site on yahoo small business, for our little photography side business. We have unlimited space, the only problem is I have personally never used the ftp service, and I don't really know how to host the ota files. BUT, I would be more than happy to let you host them there if, in return someone could teach me how to do it myself, as well, lol.

  7. #7
    Jaricanese's Avatar
    Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Posts
    902
    I actually want to start a free upload site for themes. I figured there were already too many out there but this thread makes me think otherwise.

  8. #8
    9of13's Avatar
    9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    1,105
    Thanks for the love ya'll!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    I know what you mean 9. That is one of the key reasons why I stopped making themes as a whole. 99.9% of people who are downloading themes onto their phones want ota links which makes it cumbersome for us to release themes because we get harassed about them not being ota'd. I said screw this and left theming because of that very same reason. Ohost was really great when it worked. I heard isp's provide you with a hosting service but I never really contacted my isp to inquire about this service. I know mine does (cablevisio aka optimum online) I'd say take a look into it when you get a chance or I'll see if I can find another host for your themes. It's either that or one of the other sites some people have been asking me to release my themes on. Good luck bro. I'll keep an eye out.
    its not to troublesome for me. I post my themes on my blog now, and link the forums to them. But there are some that arent on my blog where i cant edit the post to change the link. with the exception of my "Bold Docked Panels"(which seems to be one of my most popular ones) i really dont get many requests for changes.

    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I don't know of any free ones either.

    I always used Netfirms for mine and they were never down in the 5 years I hosted them on their servers.

    I agree with raton tho, ota is a high maintenance when your constantly making changes or adding new content. It gets difficult to stay afloat when it's a hobby. The customer support is a killer to. People can be rude.

    Anyway I will look around some and see if I can spot one or two.
    Thanks! I may have found one, but loggin in right now seems to be difficult. i guess i have to still wait for the verification email.

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    How much monthly bandwidth would you estimate you need. I have so much that i'm not using. I could give you FTP access to upload anything you wanted. If you want, send me a PM with your PIN and we can chat about it.
    i sent you a PM!

    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    This is why I love this site always trying to help each other out
    Its also why i claim this as my Primary site!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rifraf2009 View Post
    Me and my wife actually have our own site on yahoo small business, for our little photography side business. We have unlimited space, the only problem is I have personally never used the ftp service, and I don't really know how to host the ota files. BUT, I would be more than happy to let you host them there if, in return someone could teach me how to do it myself, as well, lol.
    I have yahoo too! ima look into that! Thanks!

    its been an interesting week though! first i have trouble uploading my first Premium theme on mobihand(still waiting on support to reply back to me), now my OTAs are down! and ii finally got my blog running
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

  9. #9
    raton's Avatar
    raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Posts
    5,730
    ^^ sorry to hear bro. Don't worry man it'll get sorted out. I'll still keep an eye out if I find anything or if I find out anything from my ISP perhaps they'll give me some FTP hosting space
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

  10. #10
    9of13's Avatar
    9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    1,105
    I am Happy to say that thanks to MotoUp, im able to host again with his help! My theme blog is back up with working links, now time to fix the PS theme links. Lets see who is Modding right now....
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

  11. #11
    azstar's Avatar
    azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    12,882
    PM me with the links to the threads and correct theme links for each thread and I'll fix 'em up for yah
    Twitter? My Apps List

    Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

  12. #12
    9of13's Avatar
    9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Posts
    1,105
    im already in the proccess
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •