When using the themebuilder i am supposed to be allowed to put a background image ... Software & Theme Development forum

shanee no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4012cfe5

Smile need help with the theme builder

Advertisement

When using the themebuilder i am supposed to be allowed to put a background image less then 60kb, my background image is 27 kb but every time i export it i get a message saying

The following resources could not be in the theme for reasons explained HOMESCREEN BACKGROUND ...........Resource is bigger then 60kb

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: need help with the theme builder

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I haven't built a theme in awhile. Have you tried a different background to see if it might be something with that particular image?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: need help with the theme builder

shanee,

I'm willing to bet that the image is a 27Kbyte Jpeg. When PTB accepts jpeg files for any image it converts it to PNG. The conversion it uses really bloats the size, depending on a lot of factors. You can do one of two things but they both need a pretty good photo editor to accomplish.

First try to save it as a GIF file and use that. If you have Photoshop, Use the save to web option on the File menu to save it and convert it to PNG-8 format and use the custom button to limit the output file size. I use 56K and everyone I have done works fine.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles